COMODO Internet Security 7.0.317799.4142 Released!

hi all…

well, Im experiencing some minor lags on the cis 7 gui. every dialog on v6 and v7 has some minor lags on openning, closing, switching, etc.

At first I thought that maybe it was just me going crazy about minor things, but after some tests I can say that the lags still exists.

They are minor but they are there.

I would like to know if Mellih and cis team are going to take some trials on the cis dialogs so cis can use less ressources in prol of less gui lags.

I guess You guys will ask some proves. Even if I think its nos necessary as every cis 7 user can confirme it by just “using” it, If You ask so I will do some tests to record/print it and post here.

I really like CIS and Im in front so I can use it, deffend it and promote it, but please, take it in considerations…

later guys.

Edit.: Atleast release a new update with the possibility of disabling the gui effects (smooth effects, slide effects, shadow effects, any effect.), or make a new theme without any kind of fancy effect on it.

Hi yro,
I had some high CPU using the GUI with previous versions which could cause some GUI lag, but since V7.0.315459.4132 this has been solved for myself.
If you are seeing a substantial amount of lag this may call for a bug report.
Discussion found in the link below.
Hi CPU in slow machines (CIS 7) - Discussion - See Stickies for workaround
Also the suggestions in the topic in the link below (In particular using the classic theme) created by Mouse1 might help decrease the lag.
Solving Hi CPU problems [v7] [Draft]

Kind regards.

Thanks for the update. :-TU

• Windows 7 Pro x32 => Ok
  • Windows 7 Pro x64 => Ok
  • Windows 8.1 Pro x64 => Ok

windows 8.1 64BIT Problem
firewall not work ~

Please try reinstalling by following the advice I give in this post:
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/most-effective-way-to-reinstallupdate-cis-to-avoidfix-problems-t58620.0.html

If that is not able to fix this issue please create a bug report for it.

Thanks.

thanks so much…the link you provided gave a better cis than link on comodo.com, comodo.com cis was missing the volume control while on virtual desktop.

well since i installed cis…my volume control is gone from virtual desktop :frowning:

Hi drensmith,
Try resetting the sandbox.
Note: All data within the sandbox only will be removed.

good day cáptn… i logged on today and its (volume in v.d.) back. must have been an update since i wasent online until today.
thanks

ok today volume on v.d. is missing again…is anyone else having this on their pc???

ok…c’ptn reset sandboxall fixed thanks

agian SUBMIT FILE do not work

[attachment deleted by admin]

Confirmed. :frowning:

Ok, i have not run CIS since 6.3… I downloaded today to check it out… Must say im impressed with some of the changes. The installer first, i still believe you would have less issues with complaints if the customize installation was not a toggle link but actually a button. Inside the customize installation “It is absolutely PERFECT” clearly understandable even for the novice of novices, Great Job! Now onto CIS itself, so far “only been an hour”, it is smooth and very light, even lighter then Eset which i have been running, to say im impressed, does not cover it…
After going through the internal settings, allowing programs/processes, i find this task is easier then it ever was.

I will continue to dig through the program, but as of now, i can see, there has been a lot work done on this suite, and it is looking good!

At this time the option to submit files has failed, error :frowning:

IMO this submit file option should be removed from the product, it’s been an entire year now that I reported the bug the first time…
I have not tested if they fixed file submission issue via web form (even that was not working) but I doubt it isn’t… :-TD

Hi,

Problem at server side?

Regards,
Kardo

Hi Kardo,

At the moment is working normally, it was probably some maintenance or issue was identified and corrected. :slight_smile:
Is running fine for you now?

Yes. IDK but since V6 was released, it has never been working 100 % without issues…

Hello,

Thanks for checking. I’ll check that later.