COMODO Internet Security 7.0.317799.4142 Released!

I just did a manual update. The database is at 18321 now.

… I guess its time for a cis update solving the gui lags…

At the partially limited level CIS behavior blocker provides protection against background screencapture- a foreground screencapture is permitted. At higher levels both can be prevented.

You should say “at higher levels both should be prevented” >:-D
https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/limited-and-restricted-block-screen-capture-but-untrusted-does-not-m399-t95001.15.html
This bug has not been fixed yet… 88) :-TD

In fact it is marked in progress in the tracker because in 4142 it seems to me everything apart from PL and virtualised levels are fixed, and those may be due to the background foreground rule. But there is no confirmation from devs yet.

Here’s my analysis for 4142 please say in the bug report if you find differently

This is different in 4142, but at least it is not inconsitent in the previous sense. Not sure if it is fixed. Re-opening for QA to assess if it is off-spec. If it is not maybe it can be reconfirmed as a debatable.

When Antitest.exe, downloaded today from spyshelter.com (no file version), is run untrusted virtualised using Advanced settings ~ D+ ~ Sandbox ~ add, CIS fails screenshot tests 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a but passes 1b, 2b, 3b, 4n, 5b and 6. I validated it was running untrusted using Killswitch. In all other levels it fails all tests.

When antitest.exe is run BB’d at blocked, untrusted, restricted or limited it passes all tests, but it fails all tests when running Partially Limited.

Where Antitest fails probably the foreground/background distinction is being applied. The fact it is being applied at levels up to restricted in virtualised mode seems strange, as it would seem easy for malware to use a foreground very small window. People may be doing sensitive things like banking when running virtualised. Also it seem to me to be wrong that 40% of screen capture techniques are applied in untrusted virtualised mode - files which the user thinks may be malware are likely to be run at this level.

Yes, I noticed a different behavior.
I just tested BB as “untrusted” and “restricted”. CIS fails the screenshot keylogging tests (1a, 2a and 3a if I remember correctly) when set on “untrusted”, but passes them all if set on “resticted”

Some other comments here:

Yes I agree. Must have made a mistake in the test. Have updated tracker, thanks. Still it has been marked in-progress, so there may be a fix in next version.

I hope so, this is a bug since CIS 6…

Yep I can confirm this :-TD

Hi, i use comodo firewall v5, my system is Intel Pentium Dual Cpu 1.60 Ghz./ 2GB Ram/ Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, can i use v7 with this system, if i use my computer work slow?

Fresh archive of 500 files (unpacking antivirus CIS was off 7) scan CCE 1.6. and built-in CIS 7.0.

Subtotal:
CCE 1.6. - Detection 497
CCE 7.0. built in the CIS - Detective 4

When sending files will work on the scan? It only works if you send as a “false positive”

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have a system here with 2gb RAM, A single core Celeron 420 @ 1.6ghz, running Vista Home Basic SP2 32 bit. Everything works fine.

I have an old laptop with WinXP, 1.5 GHz, 2gb RAM and CIS v7.0 runs fine. You should have no trouble.

Does anybody have any idea when the newest version of CIS will be released? I, and a lot of others, had problems with the current version completely freezing our machines. We’ve submitted bug reports, but I’m anxious to return to the comforting arms of Comodo. AVG free version is pretty stiff, with none of the elegance and configurability of CIS.

we dont have any info about the next release. it will be released when its ready.

Hi. I’m using CIS version 6.3.302093.2976 on Windows 7 with no issues. Everything is fine.
I was just wondering if there is any significant reason why I should consider upgrading to the latest version of CIS?

Check the release notes what news and improved in the CIS v7.
I recommend use v7.

I’m not interested in PrivDog whatsoever. I don’t see any new features that jump out at me and have me wanting to upgrade because of x and y features that have been added. I’ve had no issues at all with the current installation. I guess I’ll stick with CIS version 6.3.302093.2976 for the time being.

Hi thebigshot,
Maybe other users opinions and votes might help you decide.
COMODO V5 & V6 & V7 Users Count Poll

Kind regards.

Thank for pointing me in the right direction :smiley: