COMODO Internet Security 6.1.275152.2801 BUG ???

I noticed that in the latter version, the tray icon is not activated at startup automatically: you must manually start CIS from: All Programs / Comodo (I have windows 7 ultimate)

I downloaded a pair of files, without it nothing occurred. AFTER HAVING STARTED MANUALLY COMODO, THESE FILES HAVE BEEN DETECTED IMMEDIATELY FROM COMODO AS INFECTED !

From what I understand
that the protection will not activate if not with manual start! In practice i thought I was protected but in fact I had not any protection.

It appears to me a bug. I’m wrong and I have do something? (I do not think that the program is equipped with an option to disable the next reboot …)

I could also insert a row from regedit to start the program automatically at system startup, but rather before an advice …
thanks

Please, read:
https://forums.comodo.com/antivirus-help-cis/comodo-internet-security-612751522801-bug-t95405.0.html

Completely cleanly uninstal CIS 6. Your installation went wrong. Then reinstall it. It should fix the problem.

I agree with gdiloren, something may have gone wrong with the installation.

Before creating a bug report please try reinstalling CIS by following the advice I give in this topic.

Thank you.

I did as advised.
On the next reboot CIS 6 is loaded regularly. However, this is the second time I reinstall, due to errors.

Apart from the custom configurations of firewall, antivirus and hips, which I had already saved, can be saved in advance the rules on the CIS software that has built up over time, not to recreate a second time?

Thanks

Hi kRel,
I am not sure what your are asking, but do not try to import a configuration file created with a 5.X version into V6 as this will most likely fail.

With what browser did you download? This is what I just wrote in another topic:

CIS not detecting while a file is being downloaded is expected behaviour. CIS detects the file while it is being accessed on the disk or when written to memory. You’re protected.

From what I understand that the protection will not activate if not with manual start! In practice i thought I was protected but in fact I had not any protection.

It appears to me a bug. I’m wrong and I have do something? (I do not think that the program is equipped with an option to disable the next reboot …)

I could also insert a row from regedit to start the program automatically at system startup, but rather before an advice …
thanks

When the icon is not loading it may be just the the systray icon process not loading. The protection is done by cmdagent.exe process. When that is not loaded then protection is disabled. But since you did not check this it is hard to tell if you were not protected. The situation with the downloaded files does not necessarily proof you’re not protected as explained in the above.

Please do not import a v5 profile into v6. If you want to use your old v5 configuration then run the v6 installer with v5 still installed. It will then adopt the v5 profile; you will still have to activate it. That is what according to fellow mod Dennis2 is working.

Thanks for the link.

I think this is being dealt with currently in the help forum, and it’s not clear that it’s a bug yet.

If it turns out that there is, please make a bug report in Standard Format in this board…

Best wishes

Mouse

For the time being problem was solved with a new “clean” installation. So… it’s quite clear, but this last problem does not leave me very quiet . . .

With regard to the profiles, I forgot to say that the import is between both versions 6.

I remind you that I had other problems, so I had reinstall Comodo 2 times… Maybe they are problems of ‘youth’ … :slight_smile:

It is all clear. But what worries me is that - in addition to the minor problem of not starting the icon in the tray - “COMODO” HAS NOT AUTOMATIC STARTED ON S.O. STARTUP !!! Therefore I think it is a bug.

Sorry for my bad English, but it is not my language … However, all you have understood me very well …

Thanks. Ciao !

Next time the tray icon does not start with Windows please check if any of the following processes are running or not:
cmdagen.exe
cavwp.exe
cis.exe

When cmdagent.exe is not running there will be no protection. Unless cavwp.exe can function without cmdagent.exe running then you would still have the detection layer protecting. If cavwp.exe needs cmdagent.exe then you’re out of luck.

Read and taken note. Thanks, bye…