COMODO Internet Security 5.8.210479.2111 RC2 Bug Reports

And, if you notice, you also get multiple entries of plugin-container.exe (it’s part of Firefox). I get multiple entries of that file too! After a couple of weeks, I have to delete trusted.db and start all over to get the list cleared.

AFIK with Chrome the last version is kept as a backup on your system. So technically there is 2 versions of Chrome all the time.

Not the case with Firefox and Thunderbird, though. Trusted Files is duplicating the entries. It has always done this. But, I was always able to delete the duplicates, now I can’t.

this may be true with chrome but not all applications keep backup of their exe and dll etc
this is a small bug which comodo team will ultimately fix in the next beta or final release

Note :- Failures are stepping stones to success and comodo team has done the best to bring to us such amazing software which is only possible if users and comodo team work together if we wont disscuss and report the problem correctly then its difficult for them to fix so in order to make comodo the best please do test comodo to all maximum possible extent

thanks to all testers and comodo team and yeah melih for making comodo the best

It occurs in more than chrome.exe. You can browse the reply above mentioned by other guys.

All of your problems is becuase of a file which is causing the engine to crash ans i am afraid we are unable to get any information from the dumps of reports.

It’s more that the CIS Scanner is causing other running apps to crash in this case. Two that I have been able to identify so far are:

• Everything.exe a third party utility (link previously supplied)
  • CNMNSUT.exe a Canon inkjet network scan utility
    Mostly the CIS scanner runs to completion. However either the scanner or the app crashes caused by the scanner cause OS instability (symptom multiple dialogs with no text), which then on one occasion caused CIS to crash as well. Outlook sometimes locks displaying an hour glass, but does not crash.

My guess is if you install Everything.exe on an XP machine, then scan it with CIS you’ll be able to replicate it. But that’s only a guess.

I’ve tried AV scanning the Everything combined program and data directory, also the Canon program directory, but nothing happened.

All of your problems is becuase of a file which is causing the engine to crash ans i am afraid we are unable to get any information from the dumps of reports.

This problem dos not seem to be due to a scanner crash.

Best wishes

Mouse

Have now found this problem can happen when scanner has not been running. It appears that on occasions of abnormal termination or reboot cmdagent does not start, or complete it’s start-up process, promptly (? it’s doing some housekeeping?). CFP does not find it when it starts - thus displays ‘initialising’ for a while then gives an error. Incidentally CPMservice also crashes under these circumstances, complaining memory at an improbable address (0x00000?) cannot be read.

Problem: Update from 2101 to 2111 would not display a progress windows when running, terminated silently and did not request a reboot. However CFP.exe silently stopped running (without error message) and needed to be restarted. On restart version number 111 was visible, but not change to enhanced protection settings.

[ol]- Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: XP SP3 32 bit production machine.

• Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Actual Window manager (not active for CIS), no others likely to be relevant
  • Step by step description to reproduce the issue:Updated on promting by updater after reboot, observed no progress window, double and single clicked green updater icon - no progress dialog available, looked for CFP icon after a while - was not there - checked kilswitch - cfp process not there - restarted cfp, checked version number under More ~ About.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: Restarted cfp.
  • Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: N/A
  • Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further. N/A
  • Any other information you think that might be useful: N/A
  • The CIS Security profile you are using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: proactive, updated from default proactive config, with a few app rules, from build 2075 then 2101[/ol]

1.Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack review: XP SP3 32 bit machine production.
2.Security and other utility installed: N / A
3.Step by step description to reproduce the problem: CIS 5.8.210479.2111 not block clipboard, as in beta
4.How you tried to solve the problem: Clean reinstação
5.Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you find any: N / A
6.Attach images to your posts to clarify the issue further. N / A
7.Any other information you think might be useful: N / A
8.The CIS security profile you are using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: proactive, and execution control as restricted and untrusted

From my earlier reports.

Unrecognized, autosandboxed apps still able to access Internet by launching default browser when such browser is already running. - still not fixed in 5.8.210479.2111 RC2

Antivirus is unable to scan files when full path to those files exceeds MAX_PATH characters. - still not fixed in 5.8.210479.2111 RC2

CIS allows modification of Access Control Lists of protected registry keys for partially limited autosandboxed and for not sandboxed, but limited in write access to theses keys, applications. - still not fixed in 5.8.210479.2111 RC2

egemen, should I to repost these reports here or links are enough?

See this issue reported by languy.

I’ve observed the first of these, and behavior related to the second I think. Be good to know, if possible if these can be fixed for this or next release.

Was enhanced protection mode switched on (tick box in D+ settings then reboot)? Probably not make any difference, but it might.

again?
I tried all settings.

sorry my english!

Thanks for feedback.

Issue #3, ACL editing on Windows XP, is fixed now.

Issue #1 is going to be investigated in the future releases.

Issue # 2, MAX_PATH is going to be fixed in future releases. Please note, it is possible only with ondemand scanning i.e. realtime scanning will block it no matter what.

Thanks. This is also fixed now. The enxt build should let you remove them one by one.

Thanks Egemen feedback much appreciated

Mouse

Just curious, why aren’t duplicates automatically removed? Why should I have to continually manually remove old versions of firefox.exe? Shouldn’t the purge button do this also? I always get “All the entries are valid” when older versions of firefox.exe are not.

Because they are valid. Multiple versions of the same file. There is no need to remove them.