1. The full product and its version e.g. COMOOD Firewall 5.8.202801.2064 etc
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any

[b]Memory dumps generated by CIS can be found in

C:\ProgramData\Comodo\CisDumps(Windows Vista or later) or in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Comodo\CisDumps(Windows XP)

Memory Dumps Generated by Windows can be found in

c:\Windows\minidumps[/b]

1. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  2. Any other information you think that might be useful
  3. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config

It’s vital to provide all this information, so the developers can quickly identify and fix bugs faster.

This format will be strictly moderated. If your messages do not convey this format, they are not going to be taken into account.

It’s very important to know what security profile your using and if you imported a previous config, and if you have changed settings from default, e.g. enabled “block all unknown requests if the application is closed” etc.

For those who observe freeze issues while doing a full scan:

Here is what you need to do in order o identify the problematic file while scanning:

1 - Disable Defense+
2 - Download Process Explorer from Process Explorer - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn
3 - Run Process Explorer
4 - In Process Explorer, select View->Lower Pane View->Handles
5 - In Process Explorer Process window, click on cmdagent.exe
At this stage, in the lower pane, you should be seeing handles opened by cmdagent.exe. You are particularly interested in “Type File”
6 - Open CIS and Run a Scan → My Computer.

Wait until the scan hangs. When the scan hangs, you must go to Process Explorer and check the Lower Pane for open “File Handles”. One of those handles are causing this issue. Probably an archive file. Please indentify that file and let us know.

1. The full product and its version: COMOOD Firewall/Internet Security 5.8.209729.2104
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: win7pro 32
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: n/a
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: just a couple small gui problems. the icons in each tab dont work. if i try to click lets say the icon next to view active connections nothing happens. this happens with all icons

small color bug in black theme. the tab seperator between the summary tab and av tab is white and the seperator between defense and more, is black
5. How you tried to resolve the problem: na
6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: na

1. The full product and its version: COMOOD Firewall 5.8.209729.2104
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: win7 pro 32
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: cpm
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: fresh install of comodo firewall rc1. after install the main gui opened and said i needed a reboot. before i rebooted i changed the theme and noticed that the yellow shield turned green and a reboot is no longer required?
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: rebooted
  1. The full product and its version: CIS 5.8.210479.2111 RC2
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: WinXP Pro SP3 32 Bit
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: SAS and MBAM on Demand
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Files cleared in D+ Trusted Files return when re-opening Trusted Files
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: See Below
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: n/a

The Trusted Files list delete is still broken on my system. I did a clean install of CIS RC2. I manually deleted some programs from the list. When the window was re-opened, the programs have returned to the list (Firefox, SeaMonkey and Thunderbird). These programs are updated daily (beta testing).

1. The full product and its version:COMODO Internet Security 5.8.209729.2104 RC1(No Antivirus module)
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision:windows 7 sp1 32
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed:ESET Antivirus 4.1.71.2
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue:a same file appears twice in Trusted List
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem:Click the Purge buttom
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:N/A
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further:Attachment.
  8. Any other information you think that might be useful:N/A
  9. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config:default

[attachment deleted by admin]

Problem: Update from 2075 gave error on reboot Error 0x800705aa “Insufficient system resources, update failed”. Cfp showed yellow shield and exclamation mark, as it does if cmdagent fails to start. However CMdagent was running. On restarting CFP.exe (using exit from the tray icon) however, all seemed OK. Actually the update seems to have succeeded to judge by the version number.

[ol]- Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: XP SP3 32 bit production machine.

• Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Actual Window manager (not active for CIS), no others likely to be relevant
  • Step by step description to reproduce the issue:Updated using More ~ Check for Update, rebooted, got error message, OK’d dialog, saw warning on cfp tray icon, restarted cfp, checked version number under More ~ About.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: Restarted cfp.
  • Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: appended
  • Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further. N/A machine would not start Faststone until after I’d OK’d the dialog and restarted cfp.exe
  • Any other information you think that might be useful: THis bug is probably a combination of an update bug, and the previously and frequently reported bug in which cfp shows a yellow shield for no apparent reason on reboot and requires re-starting to resolve
  • The CIS Security profile you are using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: proactive, updated from default proactive config, with a few app rules, in build 2075[/ol]

IMHO the problem with cfp showing a yellow tray icon with explanation mark, and complaining in the main interface that cmdagent is not running (even though it is) should if possible be solved before release. This is affecting a significant number of systems in the current public release, and seems to be worse in the 5.8 releases

Problem: Memory consumption and Cpu usage too high when scanning

1. The full product and its version: CIS 5.8.209729.2104 Beta
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Service Pack1
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Panda cloud Antivirus Pro (disabled During scan)
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Open CIS and Run a Scan → My Computer.
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: N/A
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: N/A
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: Attached Below
  8. Any other information you think that might be useful

1. The full product and its version: COMODO Internet Security 5.8.209729.2104 RC1 (without antivirus module)
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: win7 pro 32 sp1
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: G Data IS 2012 (without firewall module)
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Comodo firewall doesn’t monitoring requests from different programs (browsers etc.) on 80 port or any other port to avkproxy.exe (G Data antivirus proxy service which enables the AntiVirus email and web content scan). All requests to internet initially are going from avkproxy.exe
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: enable loopback-requests in comodo firewall settings
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: below

Another programs, like CPorts or Process Explorer show connection from web-browsers to 80 port, but Comodo don’t show and don’t monitor them

In the forums many people are reporting problems related with losing their settings I don’t know how to report this since I haven’t experienced any problem but you could take a look.

There are also other similar posts in CIS forums

Hello,

1. CIS: 5.8.209729.2104

2. Windows 7 Proffesional x64 SP1

3. Emsisoft AntiMalware, Malwarebytes Pro

A.) EA Origin does not work, when Defense+ is active. But Origin process is appear in memory. (It works fine when I’m turning off D+)
B.) Update notification appears at tray icon. But does not do anything. If I press to update it hangs on.

A.) I added origin.exe to Trusted Files on Defense+ tab, and already set to Trusted Application at Defense+ settings. And tried to launch program with defense+ learning level. Completely turned off other security applications.
B.) I went to Misc. tab and ran manually update it hangs on too. Now I turned off schedule update check.

Kind regards,
deter

This problem still present in 2104:

[quote="mouse1 post:60, topic:270017"] [b]Problem: [/b]AV Scanner terminated with blank dialog saying 'Fatal Error'. A few minutes afterwards machine locked up. Killswitch generated dump file attached.

[ol]- Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: XP SP3 32 bit production machine.

• Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Actual Window manager, no others likely to be relevant
  • Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Needed eboot to fix
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: N/A
  • Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: appended
  • Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further. N/A machine locked up
  • Any other information you think that might be useful: Previous runs of scanner on same machine have been OK, maybe a defs problem?
  • The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: proactive, installed from scratch (no import or update), standard settings apart from a few application rules.[/ol]
    [/quote]
    This has been clarified as an interaction of the CIS scanner with Everything.exe downloadable from here. , which causes Everything.exe to crash, which causes OS instability and in turn the crashing of other progs inc sometimes the CIS scanner. Reported as such to Sergey.

NB This is still present in the current Beta (2064), and is not resolved by excluding the everything.exe data and program directories from the scan.

This problem still present in 2104:

[quote="mouse1 post:15, topic:270680"] [b]Problem: [/b]CIS main interface shows 'application agent is not running' error (though it is) if computer is rebooted when AV scan is paused. (DUMP APPENDED)

[ol]- Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: XP SP3 32 bit on production machine.

• Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Actual Window manager, no others likely to be relevant
  • Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Choose to scan using link on main CIS summary page; Choose ‘My Computer’; start the scan; pause after letting scan run over night; reboot computer with scan paused; on reboot CIS takes a long time initializing then gives up and shows yellow ‘!’ in system tray and ‘application agent is not running error’ in summary GUI page. However OS services dialog and killswitch show cmdagent is running. Further reboots do not resolve.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: N/A
  • Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: N/A
  • Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further. N/A
  • Any other information you think that might be useful: CIS now excluded from Actual Window Manager.
  • The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: internet security (temporarily), updated from previous 5.8 beta (no config import), standard settings apart from a few application rules.[/ol]
    [/quote]
    Since found that this does not always happen when computer is rebooted with AV scan paused. And it has also occurred on occasions when scan is not paused. Previous link to this situation was thus apparently a co-incidence. Probably best therefore to check dump to determine the problem. It is happening fairly frequently on my PC - about a couple of times per week.

All of your problems is becuase of a file which is causing the engine to crash ans i am afraid we are unable to get any information from the dumps of reports.

What you can do to help us is that try to do right-click scans on some folders so that you try to identiyfy the guilty files/folder such that you can upload them to us for reproduction.

This bug is still present in CIS 5.8.210479.2111 RC2

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-582104792111-rc2-bug-reports-t76691.0.html;msg550004#msg550004

It is unclear. I dont see any bugs there. They are supposed to be added to safe list when they are detceted as safe.

I find there is a minor bug in Trusted Files list.A application in the Trusted Files list,if I update the application,such as chrome.exe,then two same chrome.exe appear in the Trusted Files list and it can not be purged.
So,I suggest that when do purge,check that if there are two or more same files,then purge the redundant files :slight_smile:

1. The full product and its version
    CIS 5.8.210479.2111 RC2

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
    XP SP3 32bit

3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
    none

4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
    (1) the two options are checked

(2)It can scan files with the cloud scanning

(3)It CAN NOT scan files with the cloud scanning

I too can conform the same bug

1. The full product and its version:COMODO Internet Security 5.8.210479.2111 RC2
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision:windows 7 sp1 64 bit
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed:Panda cloud antivirus pro 1.5.1
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue:a same file appears twice in Trusted List
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem:Click the Purge buttom
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:N/A
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further:Attached.
  8. Any other information you think that might be useful:This mostly happens when the software is updated or reinstalled

Let me try to explain better. I beta test Firefox and Thunderbird. There’s an update every day. After I update Firefox to the current build, CIS detects the new firefox.exe file and I give it permission to run. The file is added to the Trusted Files list. I open Trusted Files and remove the old firefox.exe (the one from the previous day). I close Trusted Files and re-open. The old entry I deleted has returned. I now have two firefox.exe files listed. This goes on day by day until, let’s say, two weeks, where I now have 14 firefox.exe files listed. No matter how many times I remove the old ones, they just keep returning. The same goes for thunderbird.exe.

This is a new bug. I started noticing it when the format was changed and the database file was converted to trusted.db. In older versions before the change, deleting duplicate entries was successful. Ideally, when firefox.exe changes, the old version should automatically be deleted. Couldn’t this be done by a hash comparison?

Also see this thread for the same problem:

https://forums.comodo.com/orphanedresolvedoutdated-issues-cis/trusted-files-list-duplicates-updated-files-entries-t76454.0.html;msg547988#msg547988

i too have 3 firefox now and i am even not on firefox beta see the screenshots