Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here and make sure to include:

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful
  8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config

It’s vital to provide all this information, so the developers can quickly identify and fix bugs faster.

This format will be strictly moderated. If your messages do not convey this format, they are not going to be taken into account.

It’s very important to know what security profile your using and if you imported a previous config, and if you have changed settings from default, e.g. enabled “block all unknown requests if the application is closed” etc.

For those who observe freeze issues while doing a full scan:

Here is what you need to do in order o identify the problematic file while scanning:

1 - Disable Defense+
2 - Download Process Explorer from Process Explorer - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn
3 - Run Process Explorer
4 - In Process Explorer, select View->Lower Pane View->Handles
5 - In Process Explorer Process window, click on cmdagent.exe
At this stage, in the lower pane, you should be seeing handles opened by cmdagent.exe. You are particularly interested in “Type File”
6 - Open CIS and Run a Scan → My Computer.

Wait until the scan hangs. When the scan hangs, you must go to Process Explorer and check the Lower Pane for open “File Handles”. One of those handles are causing this issue. Probably an archive file. Please indentify that file and let us know.

Hi, the issue is simple and it’s related to the GUI … the name of the product, aka comodo internet security premium BETA… is not “fully” visible when maximizing the window…
let’s fill the formalities…

windows 7 sp1 32bit
    sandboxIE ( on demand )
    open the main GUI of CIS 5.8 and then maximize it… you will notice the title, or the name of the product on top is not fully displayed.
    I didn’t try anything yet
    not needed < I guess 88)
    attached :wink:
    hmm, don’t think there is any
  8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config
    default.

[attachment deleted by admin]

GUI Errors.

The tab order is wrong when installing Only Firewall.
Error 1. (Attach. 1)
Is the Firewall tab and contains D+ options.
Error 2. (Attach. 2)
Superior tabs; odd behavior.
Click and hold, makes the tabs go wrong.

1. Windows 7 X64 SP2.
  2. MSE2.
  3. Comodo Beta new install.

I will make some tests, play some games, and I’ll back to report how it works.
And I’m sorry about my English. I will try to make it good.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision Windows Vista x64 SP2
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed None else
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue Ran the new installer on system, the installer tried to install in the Program Files (x86) folder, not the Program Files folder.
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem Nothing to do here
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any NIL
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further NIL
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful. This should install to the Program Files folder as it is x64, not x32
  8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config Exported the Mod preview config, but did not get this one installed to import it.

Installation was aborted as I do not want the x32 version installing on this x64 system.
Please resolve the installer issue

They’re not bugs, but they’re important;

1. Default installation path is “C:\PROGRAM FILES”, not to a separate folder under Program Files.

2. BETA installer does not prompt for a reboot at the end of the installation, but opens to automatically download the AV update, thereby increasing the online unprotected time.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I also ran a test to verify, this installer runs MUCH slower than the Mod preview installer.

1. Windows 7 x64
  2. Other security software is Sandboxie.
  3. The HIPS doesn’t block Matousec SSTS sss test.
  4. Launching it with “-u” parameter doesn’t help either, that’s why I think it’s a bug.
  5. Proactive profile, sandbox off, FW & D+ set to safe mode.

Comodo IS Bete Bugs ;

Turkish Language Error ( Türkçe dili Hatası ) :

1)

http://b1107.hizliresim.com/11/7/26/1516.bmp

2)

http://b1107.hizliresim.com/11/7/26/1529.bmp

3)

http://b1107.hizliresim.com/11/7/26/1542.bmp

4)

http://b1107.hizliresim.com/11/7/26/1544.bmp

Regards,

Kruis

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 pro 32 sp1
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: CPM
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Installed firewall with defense + then changed profile to proactive then disabled the sandbox and disabled “treat unrecognized files as” then clicked on the safe mode button on the home screen for defense + and it only shows enabled and disabled.
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: n/a
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: n/a
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: appended
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful: i think its showing the options for the sandbox instead of defense +, since its disabled (as shown in the screenshot) and thats the only thing i have disabled
  8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: nothing was imported and im using proactive

I made a post in the release thread for x64 testers.

The online installer will download the x64 installer which by itself works properly.
But
It will try to install to the x86 program folders path.

So install from the CIS_Setup.msi from the C:\ProgramData\Comodo Downloader folder.

Bad

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision - Either
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed - None
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue - N/A
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem - N/A
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any - N/A
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further - N/A
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful - N/A
  8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config - ANY

ICMPv6 filtering is still not working, bug or design?

When I attempt to update it connects and then says “File not found”

Windows 7 64bit fully patched and updated SP1

Mamutu behavioral blocker.

All I’ve done is install Comodo Firewall Beta 5.8.

I uninstalled and reinstalled with the .msi in my Comodo Update folder

N/A no crashing

Will do.

Nothing I can think of.

I did not import a version. Proactive.

EDIT:

I went to my IE settings and put Comodo’s site as a trusted server. Now it says “Checking updates…” and it’s just staying there.

edit2: After a while it gave me the original issue.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision - 32bit, Windows XP SP3 EN

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed - NO

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue - Firewall Pop-up window appears in the gap. Reference uploaded image file.

4. How you tried to resolve the problem - NO.

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any - NO (not crash)

7. Any other information you think that might be useful - NO

8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config - Yes. i use edited Proactive Security Config.

See this post for another GUI bug:

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-581995812037-beta-released-t74771.0.html;msg533620#msg533620

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision - Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit sp 1

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed - clean, backuped system, no other products

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue - run installator…installation process takes few minutes instead few seconds, CIS was using 50% of CPU.

4. How you tried to resolve the problem - when i disabled AV it helped

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any - none

6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further:

http://wstaw.org/m/2011/07/25/kljljj.jpg
http://wstaw.org/m/2011/07/25/jghgcc.jpg

7. Any other information you think that might be useful - [b]i’m pretty sure that problems are due to AV, when i disabled it everything was OK.
Programs which i was installing: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/11-6_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_ocl.exe
http://storage.dobreprogramy.pl/dodatki/Vista_Win7_R263_(dobreprogramy.pl).exe[/b]

8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config - deafult after installation, no changes made in configuration (internet security), i didn;t import anything, it’s clean installation.

problems COMODO Internet Security 5.8.199581.2037 BETA

review this Privacy Code setup.exe archive.
found 3 virus.
we let y install the same program?
this can be possibel

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here and make sure to include:

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision Win7 x64 SP1
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed na
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue GUI an translation errors
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem na / everytime
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any na
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful na
  8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config proactive

GUI Error

http://www.abload.de/img/cis1xewz.png

Translation error

http://www.abload.de/img/cis3zezw.png

GUI error

http://www.abload.de/img/cis2gdbh.png

on the topic of virus. download a file and store it, analyze command finds the virus and do not delete the file on your desktop

COMODO Internet Security 5.8.199581.2037

Subject: D+ asks always for some files.

The problem is the same than in the 5.5.xxx.1383.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Win 7, SP1, 64 bit, UAC disabled, Admin account.

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: No

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: I add some files/installers to 1.) Shellcode injections exclusions, 2.) Computer Security Policy > Defense+ Rules(treat as, trusted), 3.) Trusted Files of Defense+.
    The Defense+ asks always for these files/installers in the future. This is the problem, files/installers are in the exclusions and comes the questions of D+.

4. How you tried to resolve the problem: Can not be solved by the user.

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: N/A

6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: See below. (My game .exe files are not original! :slight_smile: )

7. Any other information you think that might be useful: N/A

8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: Not imported from previous version. Own “Internet Security” config attached.

Subject: General AV bug.

The problem is the same than in the 5.5.xxx.1383.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Win 7, SP1, 64 bit, UAC disabled, Admin account.

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: No

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: I downloaded an infected .dll file to the desktop.
    When came the AV alert I selected “Ignore”, "Added to Trusted Files " or “Report this to Comodo as a False Alert”. Trusted Files of D+ doesn’t show this .dll and when I tried to access(example: cut and paste) the file the CIS and Win 7 explorer doesn’t respond, frozen. Next step restart the CIS and Win 7 explorer. Okay the .dll file appear at Trusted Files. I deleted it from there but the bug still exists in the future.

4. How you tried to resolve the problem: Can not be solved by the user.

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: N/A

6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: N/A

7. Any other information you think that might be useful: VT link from file: http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=b8e223ee0cd38cc3347e7d314bc8bd26d9cbe5f528ffa5e0115d333152bac8e6-1311604102

8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: Not imported from previous version. Own “Internet Security” config attached.