COMODO Internet Security 5.10.228257.2253 Released!

just update from the old cis you have installed. it will update and ask you to reboot your computer (i recommend it).

or you can remove the old one and install the new one (but its not necessary at all)…

Hi upon attempting to update I get this error message cmdagent.exe : Invalid Signature. >:(
log=Updates being prepared for installation…

Retrieving cmdagent.exe…

cmdagent.exe : Invalid Signature.

MW74

The installation failed with an error message after the first restart when I tried to upgrade the existing installation with the downloaded full installer. I am attaching the screenshot. OS is Win XP SP2.

I have completely uninstalled CIS and did a fresh installation and now it is installed smoothly, although I am little worried about my CLT score now (it is as low as 70/340, I reported it in the CLT thread).

I will try it on the Win7 X64 system at home too and come with the results in the evening.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Solved the problem. I did not change defaults while running CLT. I forgot to disable “Sandbox”. Now after disabling Sandbox I am getting 340/340.

Congratulations! :-TU
Updated on 2 machines and everything works fine as expected…
:BNC (:CLP) :■■■■

Can you please verify if there are CIS logfiles in the administrators %temp% folder, they might include additional information.

Unfortunately “NO”.

I have CCleaner set to run on startup, so It cleans all the temp files at system startup.
I tried to find, if there are any left, but no log files were left there.

Give Recuva a shot?

Hi All,

Nice update, but the issue with Avast 7 that is affecting Comodo FW and Windows firewall still persists…

Comodo Forum Thread: https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/comodo-firewall-and-avast-7-t82382.105.html

Comodo Bug report thread: https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/cis-firewall-fails-to-block-connections-for-blocked-applications-with-avast-7-t82440.0.html

Avast Forum Thread: Avast 7 and Comodo Firewall

Thnx devellopment team , for another glorious update :slight_smile: have downloaded the updates through previous cis and rebooted , and NO problems to report here , averything runs fine and smoothly :slight_smile:

greets from the netherlands barry!!! (:LOV) (:CLP) :■■■■ :BNC

why some files weren’t updated to 5.10? inspect.sys? no changes made?

is it safe to leave (policy old) after update if some policy internal changes were made and/or some new features might have been introduced silently for example?

Correct

is it safe to leave (policy old) after update if some policy internal changes were made and/or some new features might have been introduced silently for example?
If you come from a 5.9 level policy nothing new has been added to 'file/registry/com' groups.

And in general? The 1st question of safety of old policies? CIS updates old policies with new/fixed rules keeping old settings? Or just leaves it alone adding the “old” to names? How safe it is?

If you use the build in updater the latest versions 5.9/5.10 convert the important settings to the new policy.
I’m not sure where the current install over existing version is with it’s conversion level, never tested that.

If it where unsafe Comodo would not release it this way, it’s just a matter of matching 100% for techies.

just upgraded from 5.9 smooth and painless keep up the good work :smiley: :smiley:

+1 :-TU

Great work everyone … :slight_smile:

Updated on XP and Win 7. Running like a charm.

updated and running good. :-TU