COMODO Internet Security 4.0.135239.742 Released

Hi Everyone,

We are really excited to announce that we have just released COMODO Internet Security 4.0.135239.742! CIS v4 has significant improvements over CIS v3 family. We have included a lot of exciting new technologies to combat malware and significantly reduce the number of popup alerts while providing increased protection.

COMODO would like to thank all of the BETA testers who voluntarily joined the beta testing program and provided the feedback about the product.

Whats New in COMODO Internet Security 4.0.135239.742?

NEW! Seamless livePCsupport Integration
This version has a built-in Live Support for getting instant help from the experts for any type of problems.
NEW! New User Interface Theme
A new user interface theme has been introduced with this version.
NEW! New Web Based Installer
Now, there is a single setup file which downloads and installs the required products according to operating system the computer has. The product installers are created with Microsoft Windows Installer for native installation/uninstallation support.
NEW! Integrated Sandbox
Proactive Defense i.e. Defense+ now includes a built-in sandbox which combines file system/registry virtualization and least-privileged user account principle in order to combat with unknown malware.
IMPROVED! Default Deny Protection
Defense+ now automatically sandboxes all unknown applications/executables until they are analyzed.
IMPROVED! Significantly fewer number of popup alerts
Defense+, with the help of new sandboxing technologies, has a more powerful default security policy while having significantly fewer number of alerts compared to previous versions.
Also in this version, Defense+ and Firewall, by default, do not create automatic rules for already known safe applications.
IMPROVED! Popup alerts layout
The new popup alerts now include additional options which allow the users to take COMODO Time Machine snapshots or set Windows system restore points, submit suspicious files for immediate analysis.
IMPROVED! Antivirus Engine
Antivirus engine is improved for better detection and cleaning. The new engine now has disinfection support for the infected files.
A new command line virus scanner (cavscan.exe) has been introduced in order to address the need for scanning the computers in windows safe mode or scanning files transferred from MSN etc.

Download Locations

COMODO Internet Security 4 Installer

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/installer_data/binaries/cisfree_installer.exe

Size: 2,7M ( 2799888 )
MD5: 03c767f792366cc6c317e2b66a753adf
SHA1: b5edc2d8e5bf1d477d26bd70089701013ea5b09e

COMODO Antivirus 4 Standalone Installer

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/installer_data/binaries/cavfree_installer.exe
MD5: 72d51c823f0f1c52dec5dca5b4794c2a
SHA1: de59509bb08f5b5883374627a983174a73aea35c

COMODO Firewall 4 Standalone Installer

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/installer_data/binaries/cfwfree_installer.exe
MD5: ee42ec01e55d800d0a0cd95788bd55b3
SHA1: 99463770317ba6fc82b6c62854d8bd44b5d9e3a3

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1 - Do I need a separate installer if i am using a 64 bit operating system?
A1 - No. The installer will download the appropriate setup for you and install.

Q2 - I am a CIS 3.x User. Will I get the updates?
A2 - We haven’t released the updates to the existing users yet. But we will. When we release, in the upcoming weeks, you will be able to update it without having to reinstall this new version.

Q3 - Do I need to download these 3 setup files in order to get all the products?
A3 - No. If you download CIS Free installer, you will be able to choose which products you want to install. We have provided standalone firewall and AV installers for convenience for some of our users. If you want to install both firewall and antivirus, you should use COMODO Internet Security Installer.

Q4 - I was a BETA tester and still using the BETA versions. What should I do?
A4 - You should uninstall the BETA version and use this new version. However, although not recommended, you can use automatic updater to update to this version from the BETA versions.

Regards,
Egemen

1st post here :slight_smile:

good job

Thank You, COMODO! Starting download.:))

After installing only the Firewall part of CIS 4 my download manager Net Transport v1.87.258 crashes at program startup. How can this problem be solved?

Defense+ is disabled and my OS is WinXP Pro SP3.

EDIT: I’ve uninstalled CIS 4 and reinstalled CIS 3. I’ll try the next release of CIS 4 when it comes available, to see if the problem is fixed.

What a great birthday present. Thanks!

Not to put comodo down or anything but how much of those bug reports in the v4 RC sticky got fixed? I am going to wait at least 2 weeks before I put them on my windows 7 and xp laptops and my parents computer.

:‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’(

i am liking the sandbox notification. Simple and nice.

Is this the Final Version? Just asking and I will try this one out to see how it works.

Probably FP’s :slight_smile:

The wait is over… ;D Installing as we speak. Great work guys! :-TU I’ll be back to complain a bit later. :wink:

Alright Egemen and the rest of the team, now when can we expect v4.1 :stuck_out_tongue: ;D

Yeah really…you guys take forever… ;D

you guys said there will be shortcut keys for hips disable / enable in version 4 , and there is none :cry:

can you expend on what u mean a bit more?

Thanks…

One more thing, now that v4 is here I wonder which CIS version is going to be tested at matousec, latest v3 series or the newest v4? If it is v4, I wonder how the results will be interpreted, will they penalize or criticize comodo for “confusing the tests”. Or will they praise comodo and say something like “comodo uses virtualization/sandbox technology to prevent these tests and malware from modifying the actual file system and registry which protects the user”. Part of me wants them to test v3 just to see how well it would rate with the new tests compared to other products. But I would also like to see the power of v4 sandboxing/virtualization capabilities.

Congratulations with the new release…(:CLP) :BNC (:NRD)

Will install it soon after this reply.

can someone please post a link for the offline installer
thanks

i fix my post , i mean shortcut keys for protection enable/ disable for the HIPS :slight_smile: