COMODO Internet Security 3.5.53896.424 Released! [CLOSED]

this in combination with comodo registry cleaner has solved all my problems… firewall running great here! I thank you!

(L)

Install went well. I uninstalled RC2 and imported my config. No problems there. Did not install Safesurf. CIS disabled CMF from starting with windows but I just reset the settings in CMF.

Well done CIS Dev.Team.

John

Great job to all the beta testers and Comodo. You all did a fine job. A special thanks to the Comodo team for giving us a great security product. (:CLP)

Al

I’m so pleased for all at Comodo.
This is the culmination of months of hard work
My sincere thanks.

Congratulations to all the COMODO developers (and Melih) for an excellent product :-TU. Tommorow, I spread the news at work that CIS is finally here ;D.

(:CLP) :■■■■

:slight_smile:

I wanted to install the final release after using the beta, so I went to uninstall it to do it over again. After uninstall, Comodo still showed present so I went to the forums search and found out how to fix the Security Center. Doing that removed Comodo FW presence, but also removed avast-must be connected to CIS antivirus somehow? So I had to unistall and reinstall avast and well as reinstall the firewall to get things back. I also still have the dead miniports 2 and 20 for a complete uninstall. Isn’t Comodo ever going to use a good installer and uninstaller so that we can use it reliably? I am using Vista 32 bit.

Congratulations Comodo with this new release :BNC

CIS is running great and light here, all I can say for now is (L)

Thanks a lot!

What’s up with all childish smileys?

I can imagine your enthousiasm, however this thread is starting to look like a teenage fan club.

(The variety of Comodo billboard smileys is even more pathetic.)

Troll alert, troll alert ! But I kinda agree with on some points. :slight_smile:

It’s pure enthousiasm. Let us play for a second.
Otherwise you’re right about the excessive use of smileys, even if it’s OT in this thread.

Good Job COMODO. Will install it this weekend.

(L)

Congrats to all the Comodo staff and all who beta tested and reported bugs leading to this final. Full CIS running flawlessly thus far.
Regards and cheers :■■■■
Xman (:KWL)

Great!!!

Is Threatcast or any new features like that in this release? If not, when?

Congrats on the final release. Now get a well deserved rest of a couple of days… :■■■■

To answer after the weekend. Is this the same version as the RC 2? If not where are the differences?

Threatcast will be added in the future.

Thank You!

I still have a couple of ideas for it though…

1. A list of what it is protecting me from I can easily access. Such as a button/link in the SUMMARY window. Perhaps it could be placed under “The virus database has been updated on date/time” and say something like…

The virus signature database version is 455 (making the 455 a link to a list)

Also making the Virus Signature Database Version number a link in ABOUT to a list would be nice too.

1. A log of what was scanned, when it was scanned, what the database version was that was used, and what (even if there was nothing) was found. Also a button/link would be nice.

And there are still these bugs…

1. Clicking on the date/time CAVS3 updated itself changes the date/time to when it was clicked on even if there was no update. The date/time should only change if there was an update.

2. The main window is never in the same place upon rebooting the computer. It is never centered by default which IMO it should be by default.

3. The updater never changes the names of the shortcuts to the latest version. Mine still say RC2 when in fact I have the “final”.

I am not being mean or nothing and have nothing but respect for COMODO for making CAVS3 a reality and a free product for us all, but this is really RC3.

(L)

How does this Final release differ from CIS RC2?

And what are the changes/fixes to the firewall compared to 3.0.25.378?..

I’m currently using Comodo Firewall with Avira Personal Premium, but since my license for Avira is soon up. I was wondering if I will be all right uninstalling Avira and using CIS. I have read that the Comodo Antivirus being so new, that it won’t be quite up to speed in comparison with other AV’s detection rates. Thanks.

May I…??

Being in the IT field for quite some time, I honestly feel that we really deal with real human beings rather than circuit boards and electronic components. As a universal fact ,this species - Homo Sapiens - are capable of expressing their feelings through emotions ( both the child and grown up varieties). I do carry a child at heart and so are many other Homo Sapiens who are members of this forum :). So they can enjoy watching the animation movie like “Kung Fu Panda” as well as feel the security under a great security product like CIS. No wonder they express their various feelings through smiles - which is an electronic way of expressing their feelings .

…!!! GREAT WORK COMODO…!!!..

:BNC (:CLP) (:LOV) :■■■■ (:KWL)

Divyan

(Non English speaker here. There may be many mistakes in the above sentence. But the essence is same… (:WIN). )