COMODO Internet Security 3.5.52396.411 BETA 3 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Installed the new beta for over an hour now. The cmdagent used to take up considerable CPU usage, now it is barely reacting, is this normal?

Definitely abnormal. Please post as much info as per requested in the first post of this thread.

The free download manager works again, the cause was the wrong config. I choose the internet security config. It made my computer as a gateway to internet whilst it was not. This setting made the download stop.

Best REgards.

I have this problem on my computers aswell it does not happen every time very rarely on XP quite often on Vista, I have not found a way of making it happen every time yet.
Dennis

Windows XP SP3. CIS only running in real-time.

Having same problem on XP.

Yes, This bug still exists. And another issue; even leak tests can pass CIS, and SOME programs aren’t being Alerted for. I did a clean install, with no configs, Went through all programs and SOME weren’t being Alerted.

Thx
Josh

Maybe a bug about showing tray animation, cannot show red arrow, only green arrow.

My OS: vista sp1 32bit

Hello Welcome to the forums, Please provide as much information for the developers fix this issue

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack:
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed:
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue:
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem :
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:

[s]Just following up.

I made a comparison between CFP 3.0.25.378 & This beta. CFP 3.0.25.378 Alerts for all programs. To give you an idea, Beta 3 did NOT alert for:
-Utorrent
-Foxit Reader
-SUPERAntispyware

3.0.25.378 did. And all other programs were OK.[/s] Installation Mode still takes a while to switch back. Yes I put all Defense+ Settings on.

XP SP3.

Josh

I’m having the same issue with the lastest beta. Updated it via Comodo’s updater.

1. 64bit Windows Vista
  2. SpywareBlaster

I guess this is the alert part of your previous post stating:

As I understand one of the aspect you described pertains the bundled white-list possibly indirectly pointing out a wished feature.

AFAIK the only way to update the white-list is to use the look-up function currently featured in pending or safe file lists.

Using Cleanpc mode it is possible to update the withe-list in a semi-automated way since pending list is filled with recent files.

This means that even CFP 3.0.25 can withe-list application released after 3.0.25 if those apps are featured in Comodo centralized DB of white-listed apps.

I guess that a possible related feature could be to update the white-list although I do not know if updating the AV signature DB does that already.

Yep, same here. It was both red and green in BETA2, it’s just green now.

Vista 32bit SP1
CIS + WinPatrol

I noticed that this morning also.
I am UL and DL via eMule (verified both active at the same time), only the green upload arrows show (worked properly previous beta).
Vista Ultimate x64, CIS, CMF, CVE, 4G RAM, not using IE8.

Another (possible) bug: Scheduled scan this morning started ok, but when I got up it was still running (+6hrs). Or, rather the time display was still running, the actual scan had stopped. Tried to cancel scan and got a reply “no available services to complete the requested task”.
Had to use the Close Window button at the top right to actually close the window.
Discovered a svchost.exe service had stopped running. This may have caused the stop error, but I am still unsure why I am getting these svchost errors.

About the tray animation now showing red arrows: I don’t have this bug. Maybe because I have XP and while guys/gals have Vista.

/edit: removed and posted in Flase/Positive Reporting

Hi ChrisPi, you might want to list potential false negatives here instead:
https://forums.comodo.com/false_positive_reporting_is_this_a_malware_that_cis_has_detected-b154.0/

Hello all. I’ve been using Comodo Firewall for about 6 months now and have reported this problem before as a bug in version 3, with others reporting the same issue. Occasionally, the firewall will confuse applications and apply the wrong rule. I always test this with Outlook, as it’s the only app I let send email. A few times a day when I open Outlook, the firewall will identify it as another app and apply the wrong rules. Using Comodo’s active connection box shows the problem (it thinks Outlook is Beyond Compare this time). I was hoping this bug was fixed in the new version, but it’s still alive and well. The problem isn’t specific to Outlook. I have a dual monitor setup and during testing I leave the active connections box open on one monitor and test various apps. It only took about 10 minutes of testing to produce the bug. It’s hard to trust a security app that has trouble identifying what rules to apply.

1. Windows XP pro SP3 and Windows XP MCE SP3 (problem occurs on both my desktop and notebook).
  2. Avast 4.8 Pro with all resident modules disabled.
  3. Can’t reproduce, it seems to be random. Only happens when an app is first started. One Outlook is open, it won’t ■■■■■ up. I have to close then reopen repeatedly until it happens again.
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. See screenshot
  7. N/A
  8. I only have the firewall component installed.

Please let me know if I can provide any other info to solve this problem. I really like Comodo and have spent lots of time learning how to use it.

Regards,

Habanero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes works fine on XP but on Vista computer just green.
Dennis

Only green for me with Vista Ultimate.

The ‘Reminder’ popup window which reminds a user about switching back to Previous Mode from Instalation Mode now has a long delay time. In CFP 3.0.x it was shown every few minutes which was kind of annoying but now you can wait an hour or something before it will be shown. I think 10 or 15 minutes is a maximum period of time before it should be shown, which is sufficient in most cases.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Just some follow-up. I tried disabling Avast (killed all the services) with no help. Here is a simple thing to try. I put a shortcut to Firefox on my desktop, then repeatedly launched/closed it while monitoring Comodo’s “active connections” box. About 1 out of every 15-20 times (5% of the time), iexplore.exe shows up in the list instead of firefox.exe. If others have time, try this simple test and see if the problem is wide-spread. It’s repeatable on both my machines.

Habanero