Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

Hello Team/Hello Dear All,

Today noticed a very very strange thing in laptop, it has got latest Comodo Internet Security Beta installed, Allow remote connection is completely disabled in my system and registry but a remote laptop shutdown occured, can anyone explain how is this possible and how to fix it because this is something I noticed for the 1st time.

Yeah, joined comodo forum in 2006

And coming up on 23 years in the same job :smiley:

I agree that bug fixes need addressing but we’ll have to see what still exists with the Stable Release as they have mentioned working on bugs but we’ll just have to wait and see.

2 Likes

Wow another person that’s been here for 17 years. :saluting_face:

1 Like

Um… I think I tried the very first Comodo products back when they came out… does that count? :nerd_face:

1 Like

Little funny anecdote…

Here are some IPs that Geekbuddy connects to when installed.

So one, declared positive by 4 security products.

I give it to you straight away:
Comodo Xcitium itself classifies the IP that its own product contacts as positive!!

We can also see that it is not an IP appreciated by the community…

Sectigo apparently doesn’t have a good reputation…

Still no answer to know if a person from the Geekbuddy staff can take control of a PC without a validation code given by the owner of the remote PC?

GeekBuddy can’t take over your PC without your permission, here’s the answer, it was the first hit on Google : GeekBuddy - Accepting Remote Desktop Requests

But what has this got to do with this Beta subject?!

2 Likes

How did you realize this?

Thank you very much Cisfan for the response :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry…I didn’t ask Pilot the question properly…

Well, if that wasn’t the case, we would have had to request the change for the 2024 version.

(As I said, it’s because of contrary testimony on the Internet…) (There are some who really write nonsense…)

But, at least, if others come across his testimony, your intervention will reassure them :+1:

I therefore note with pleasure, that Geekbuddy requires authorization to connect to a user’s PC.

(Little anecdote: There is OpenDNS which blocks me Geekbuddy.com) (I would like to download a newer version than 2017…)

Comodo CIS 2024 does not validate my license key

Try cleaning %temp%, temp, prefetch and check for any existing traces of Comodo on your system and uninstall it and then reboot system and try running the installer again and check if it works.

I’m a little worried rereading this:

“Thank you for your patience, we look forward to seeing the results of your experience with the new and latest beta.”

Because… if this is the last beta version, that means that it is the last test before release…

However, if this were the case of a version with all the bugs on the bug list corrected, logically, they should have given it to us for testing to see if it worked well and if the correction of all the bugs on the famous list did not provide others.

But, we didn’t get this version (without all the bugs). And the next version will be the official one since they said it was the last one.

There are therefore only two solutions:

1. They do not want to submit to us for customer testing the version where all the bugs in the famous list are corrected and will release it directly without beta testers (strange)o
  2. They haven’t corrected anything since this version is the last and it does not include the correction of the bugs from the famous list.

A friend who I cannot convince to go under the protection of Comodo, told me that this version was just a commercial promotion version to advertise the novelty of the inclusion of Intel TDT technology (and quickly re-dressed with an interface) and that Comodo CIS would certainly retain its faults.

I really hope that they will make him lie and that I will then have the means to convince him without any hesitation

Thank you very much nanto01 for the advice :slight_smile:

I’ve tried this before and it didn’t work.

I contacted support in February and I’m still waiting for a response…

I will write to them again…

1 Like

Have faith in Comodo, they are global world class security software/ssl certificate company, and this 2024 version is a long awaited release, so it should be good for all of us & all Comodo users to wait for more time & give the developers/management team of Comodo to fix all bugs and make necessary improvements on the antivirus engine, web filtering, firewall features/protection modules and then release the final stable version of 2024 that’s that.

1 Like

My Google Chrome settings were corrupted by another program, but unfortunately I did not receive a protection message from Comodo CIS.

If it were possible to add this missing protection to the 2024 version, that would be good.

I sometimes get messages from Comodo for a problem a bit like this, like when Ccleaner tries to take action, but not this time…:frowning:

Yes, you’re right, they said they would fix all the bugs and promised it, that’s why they have my full trust too.

I would have just found it normal that they gave us this version to test before releasing it…

1 Like

Just not the bugs only but improvements in the antivirus engine realtime protection/detection/proper removal capabilities and improvements in proactive protection is a much much more important and necessary thing that also needs to be fixed.

Yes, quite a few things to correct or improve…

There is often a failure in the transmission of files for evaluation…

Comodo has Online Security Pro extension for google chrome protection against viruses/malicious websites/phising and scam websites and all other unwanted websites but that program hasn’t been updated for a long time as well, so hope they get it updated too with improved and better protection.

Redundant ARP self-call issue over local IP