Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

Hi Prodex !

It’s their job to know and watch this, not ours.

Effective software must adapt to the user and not the other way around. This is what version enhancements are for.

You will never be given that answer by the competition that I have seen and used in the professional world.

It is not good that on the Comodo forum we often attack the user.

The product must adapt to the constant evolution of the IT world.

What is a complete security solution for if not to protect you from all eventualities.

We can’t put an end to the used software market, just to please Comodo…

And having been a developer in the past… bugs never accumulate unnecessarily… Bug hunting is even a very popular sport :smiley: There is software to help with that.

This is what the Comodo devs are surely doing at the moment with the 2024 beta… in any case… I hope! :grinning: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hi Nanto01 !

Well reasoned!

We can think that the developers have the same pragmatism, which is why the 2024 version has not yet been released

1 Like

Correct hope they take more time and implement all the requested improvements then release the final stable version. Nothing good happens in a rush, so it’s better we wait for more time before the final stable version of Comodo 2024 is released.

1 Like

For example, on the error installing the “Virtual Office” that I reported earlier.

Comodo Dragon and Silverlight installation error.

This error is not new!

It’s so old, that I still have a download version of each of them on my hard drive.

Today, it was Comodo Dragon who was blocking.

I downloaded it from Comodo’s page in its latest version and clicked “repaired” during installation and everything works now.

Why is the “Virtual Desktop” installation module not able to realize that Comodo Dragon is already there and, if necessary, activate the “repair” function of its installation?

This is a failure.

We always come back to the lack of bug fixes.

This is therefore not due to the particular configurations of the PCs, but to the way in which requests are processed.

1 Like

Exactly lot’s of errors & bugs to be fixed, lot more improvements & developments in terms of antivirus engine & detection/protection/proper removal capabilites of any kinds of malwares & viruses & lot’s of improvement in terms of proactive protections and all other security features and aspects of protections needs to be made before releasing the final stable version because this are all extremely serious concerns and issues that are waiting to be fixed since long long time and it’s very very important for the overall protection of all users of Comodo that’s that.

1 Like

There’s a Comodo Dragon sub-board for this.

https://forums.comodo.com/t/comodo-dragon-v121-0-6167-140-32-64-bit-are-now-available-for-download/360766

1 Like

I’m trying to try Comodo OpenEDR and I receive an email from here:

openedr.info

It’s weird.

This address does not appear to come from Comodo.

The other emails seem to go to openedr.com instead.

Alas, as it was simultaneous with my request, I clicked!

I’m told I already have an account. And when I want to reset my password, given the situation… I’m told that I don’t have an account!

We are on a sea of tranquility and I levitate above the ground sitting in an Egyptian suit :sweat_smile:

Great answer!

Thank you so much EricCryptid !

So it was just because the beta version doesn’t know how to download the latest version of Comodo Dragon yet.

Hope they fix this too :bulb: :candle:

CIS Default installation is the Internet Security Configuration which works best for most and the Welcome Screen gives you a overview of the protection components but your PC is already secure with the default setup and those looking to secure it more can see the help guide which although for 8012 still relevant.

Some people like to remove all the Trusted Vendors from the list but you may receive increased notifications. You can also set specific rules for your backup software or disable automatic updates but I don’t understand how your rules are disappearing if your not referring to HIPS rules which is a known bug.

1 Like

Thank you EricCryptid for your response.

That’s what I do.

The link will surely be useful to others.

I myself don’t know why this is happening…

I spend a lot of time reporting bugs, but I can’t do much more, unfortunately!

Every time I have to re-import the old and last good backup and activate the import by renaming it…

It’s tedious, insecure and annoying.

Watch below:

Got the HIPS rules erased and the Firewall rules as well or every setting in the config (completely erased config)?

1 Like

Hello Cisfan!

Thanks for the technical question :slight_smile:

I appreciate it.

It depends on the time. I don’t look anymore. I systematically and immediately reinstall my last valid rules.

I don’t have the time to analyze it all.

Besides, I spend too much time on this forum trying to get the next 2024 version moving. *

But… I promise, next time it happens I’ll try to remember to look at what seems to be impacted.

• I have a vested interest in getting involved like this. I’ve been asked to advise on the installation of Comodo CIS on several workstations. If it doesn’t work, I’ll be disappointed, very disappointed, to have to change creamery.

Which backup software are you using? Have you thought about excluding the Comodo Folder from the backup? I run manual backups weekly but only for the Users folders and then an image backup of the drive if I install something significant or a big windows update.

It’s dangerous and very insecure (you’re system is at risk) to import an old config again which might have been damaged (or partly erased) before the last save because it might be (will be) missing very essential predefined system protecting rules and settings.
When you detect config corruption after system restart then you have to be very sure that your last saved config is undamaged and in healthy state.
In all other cases (if you’re not sure about the healthy state of config) you must import a clean config from CIS default installation directory and start all over creating your own rules and settings.
Never ever rely on a possibly damaged config!

Here is another big bug, virtual desktop keep on loading & loading without actually opening ever despite Comodo Dragon latest version installed.

Things seem more dangerous because Comodo hasn’t fixed the bugs :wink:

1 Like

It’s really sad and very disappointing that almost no bugs have been fixed after 3 Beta releases…

2 Likes

Exactly Sir, that’s what we all are trying to point out & highlight everytime, neither bugs fixed nor the antivirus realtime protection/proactive protection/detection capabilities have been improved yet, but still keeping all hopes alive with the wish to see everything is fixed in the final stable released version once it’s comes out.

1 Like

It’s an illusion to think of having all bugs fixed and AV improved in the upcoming final stable release without any Beta releases to test the bug fixes and AV improvements.
They will just promote Beta 3 to final release and that’s it.
It’s all illusion…

2 Likes

Agreed but let’s see what happens finally as long time users/fan/customers of Comodo we can only point out the issues and areas of necessary improvements for the betterment of the product and benefit of all users and the product itself, rest is all up to there development and management team that’s that.

1 Like