Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7098 Released

Installed CIS v .7098 a couple of days ago and everything running very nicely. Good job, Comodo. Other than 2 PUA warnings, which were no big deal, not a single problem so far with this version.

Installation does not work for me. Win 10 64b. Wy does not work update through program?

Hi HC,

Thank you for reporting. The CIS team is aware of this detection. Your complaint has been taken to their notice, they will decide on it.

Hi radek178,

May I know the issue in detail that you are facing during installation.

We will enable the binary update soon.

Hi, of course. Sorry for my English. When I launch the downloaded file nothing will happen. When I launch the file again the results is the same. 1 or 2 times installation window appeared but it dissapeared immediately. That is all.

Are you using the online of offline installer? If you are using the online installer can you make you make sure you don’t have the Comodo updater server set to the beta server in case you have installed a beta release lately.

Hi all,

Binary updates are activated. You can use program updater to update your CIS to latest one.

Please do not forget to install necessary Windows updates if you are using Windows 7:

Only for Windows 7 users
Before you install new CIS release or update from previous version you need to install following Windows updates. These packages are necessary for installation of CIS on Windows 7.
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb4474419
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb4490628

Thank you so much for your feedbacks :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Mert

Update stops at 96,3% with
Error: 0x80070002 - The system can not find the stated file :-\

For now, again like last time just a recognizer update for me (on windows 7 and I have all windows updates) , no program update.I hope that this time I won’t need to do clean install of CIS for this minor update, that would be to much and I would say goodbye to CIS.

Hi phidi73,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It will be solved in 1 hour. Please try it again :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Mert

Thanks Mert,

the update has now been installed without any problems.

Windows 10 Education x64 - Version 20H2 - Build 19042.685 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.7098

Could you please tell me why I get the following error message when trying to use the updater to go from 7062 to 7098?

Error: 0x80030201 - The file download was aborted abnormally. The file is incomplete.

Hi mert,

Upgrade Ok for me
Diagnostics Ok :-TU
Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 19042.685 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.7098

Updated, everything works fine. But it keeps reporting that there is a new version to update (win 10 pro x64)

Hi rmcohen,

This error occurs when downloaded temp files(for update) are inconsistent with our actual files. Actually this error is not expected. I will send a PM to you. Could you please check your messages?

Kind regards,
Mert

Hi Kryo,

Sorry but we couldn’t reproduce the issue. Could you please check your message box? I will send you a PM.

Kind regards,
Mert

I got the program update finally and everything is ok (including diagnostics), just for some reason I got recognizer update first (but not that strange update like the last time). Finally, after a period of couple of years I don’t have to do clean installation of CIS or to stay with a older version of program.
This is a very encouraging sign in the right direction.

Hi ice,

Thank you for your feedback. I think it is a glitch for one time only, try it again probably it will be done in given order.

When binaries get uploaded to the server it takes a little for the CDN to synch. That’s what you may have been witnessing.

I got notified about the program update on my other Windows 10 installation and it successfully updated.

On this Windows 10 installation (x64 Pro 19042.685) I have noticed twice since the release that the tray icon would not show at all; neither the tray icon nor the invisible place holder. CIS was working normally though. I worked around it by closing the client from the Widget using the right click menu and starting it again. Just a minor issue.

Updated smoothly to 12.2.2.7098. Diagnostics also works, showing no error.
Good job team.
Win 10 x64 LTSC version 1809 build 17763.1637