Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7062 Released

did for me. what’s your version of vmware?

I’ve installed the latest version but it still says an update is available no matter how many times I update.

I’m using Windows 10.

I discovery something related to what I had posted and I need to be fair here.

I now bilieave that the problem related was not from CIS, instead I guess it was related to my memory ram sticks. I cleanned the both (by hand), did a clean in all components too and no more bsod here. Maybe, by the weekend, ill perform a new installarion of this cis edition to see what happens, but all seems to be fine now. When I do it Ill comeback to post my findings and results on it.

Hi MrMaxaMan,

We are working on this, we will update you the status soon.
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/product-updated-to-latest-version-windows-continuosly-popup-to-update-again-t126507.0.html;msg903990#msg903990

KB3033929 is deprecated and has been replaced by installing KB4474419 or installing cumulative updates. Therefore, only KB4474419 and KB4490628 are needed to implement SHA2 support in Windows 7.
P.S.
Censorship actively removes critical posts about the work of Comodo, so here it is better to just thank the team for the work and declare your love for Comodo.

Thank you for clarifying, I was thinking in the same direction.
Just to being informative and clear for Windows 7 users.

Haha cool, regarding declaring the love for Comodo, I’m wondering who is going to marry it? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Issue: Unable to install OpenVPN 2.5.0 on Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.630, CIS v12.2.2.7062.
Workaround: Uninstall CIS → Install OpenVPN → Install CIS

HI Arceus,

Welcome to comodo forums. Thanks for reporting. We’ll check this and get back to you.

I posted in that thread before I saw this one, thanks C.O.M.O.D.O RT.

For the first time in many years, I had to reinstall CIS :frowning: ​​Reason serious Issue on Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.662, CIS v12.2.2.7062. In the second reboot of the system after installation entering the password and logging in, the system slowed down loading the systray icons and explorer stopped responding After pressing CTRL + Alt + Del it took about 1 minute for the screen with options to appear, after logging out explorer.exe displayed an error:

Explorer exe. Application error" it says "The instruction at 0x00007FF63EA5AA8B referenced memory at 0x00000000 The Memory could not be read Click on OK to terminate the program.

After the log-in, the system worked properly, but every time the computer was started it ended the same. The only solution is to log in, log out, and log back in as soon as the system boots up. Of course, the problem appeared after installing the latest version of CIS and disappears after uninstalling it.
Please help, I don’t want to change COMODO Internet Security to another program

PS: The explorer error when logging out appears only when we do not log in immediately but wait until the explorer fails and then we try to log out.
Sometimes, when logging in for the first time, the system worked for a few minutes, but it always ended with no response from the explorer and the need to restart or relog.
Sorry for my english

Hi,

Installed on Windows 10 20H2 19042.630, using firewall sandbox and viruscope everything works fine so far. I have some questions though.

How often does the recognizers get updated? Is it only with each new program version or is there updates frequently?

Futuretech split two sets of posts and merged them with two already existing topics to keep the release topic on track. The posts can now be found in
Comodo Firewall not updating to Version 12.2.2.7062 from Version 12.2.2.7036
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service

Can someone please help me out here or explain to me why since installing .7062 on 3 different computers apps start with a delay of 10 seconds? After deinstalling .7062 everything is working as it should.

For testing reasons I installed 10.0.1.6420 and had no delay while starting apps. All computers have W10 x64 latest version and updates.

Thank you.

Is HIPS enabled or disabled? Until HIPS is configured, it is best to boot with HIPS off.

It seems that doing Rating Scan helped me.

https://www.upload.ee/image/12595476/ScreenShot_10.png

There are no negative feedback posts that have been removed here from this thread.

Thank you [at]aldist. Is there any possibility to deactivate rating scan?

Hi

The system program installed automatically as an update and the first time I had no prompts to reinstall the update. The fact that after installation, a message appeared that Comodo encountered a problem and will send a report.
I don’t know if this is related to this, but some applications did not start when logging in. Maybe they were blocked somehow. I had to reinstall CIS twice and every time after adjusting the settings my problem started popping up.

I have always used HIPS, but after some problems I tested it off, but to no avail. Maybe the problem is HIPS, but at the pre-login level when CIS is in auto-protection mode?

Hi Szaquak,

My suspicion is that there might be unrecognized files, programs, services that where running virtually at start up. So, I suggest to look into these in CIS Advance View. You might try to disable Auto-Containment first and then reboot to find out if it is really causing the problem.

I suspect a mechanism similar to the one you described, but I am afraid that even if I disable all modules for testing from the settings level, or even before logging in, when CIS loads as a service, the mechanisms that cause them will not be enabled. I remember that with several runs, the icon that was missing in the Tray bar was the CIS itself. The program was running in the background, but it was not seen to be running.
Miracles are happening with my CIS lately, I’m a bit broke but I’ll keep trying. Does anyone remember what modules are enabled by default right after installing CIS and restarting the computer?
I have always installed Internet Security Essential as well, maybe it is a problem?