Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.1.0.6914 Released.

why do I keep on having that feeling , that something is not right at the comodo company and things will come to an end someday soon??

I think the test passed it great. Quite right?

Exactly! :smiley:

Looking at Job and TrustPilot reviews, I am guessing bad management.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Comodo-Reviews-E36116.htm?countryRedirect=true

EricJH,

• I said that to do a restore point, because some guy said… I install and I have to install windows…
  • You say that comodo not bought another firm, I write there another company, because I see this:
    Comodo CA Is Now Sectigo | Our Story So Far | Sectigo® Official
    But perhaps is part of Comodo
  • About the problems, you know if there are some beta testers for new release? I know until with beta testers there are problems… but so much problems? Bu someone say about Microsoft and I know it is not easy to compete with MSFT beause WIN is closed not open to others companies.
  • you also write about the forum… is out… well… a good company, like me that buy in last 6 years the products, the minimum is said something about… a real company… but I know and understand that perhaps Comodo is most interest in Big companies, that home users. But i see now the prices… and is cheaper that in last years… hum…
  • I like very much the Comodo after Aginutm close.

Comodo sold the CA branch to Sectigo:

- About the problems, you know if there are some beta testers for new release? I know until with beta testers there are problems... but so much problems? Bu someone say about Microsoft and I know it is not easy to compete with MSFT beause WIN is closed not open to others companies.
Comodo used to have a beta testing program with forum member which was called Star Group. It's unfortunate Comodo does not use Star Group anymore. :-\
- you also write about the forum... is out... well.. a good company, like me that buy in last 6 years the products, the minimum is said something about... a real company... but I know and understand that perhaps Comodo is most interest in Big companies, that home users. But i see now the prices... and is cheaper that in last years... hum...
The technical foundation of CIS is strong and has not changed so the prices do not reflect a sudden change of quality. That's what is most important. Looking from a distance we see that Comodo as a company has been going through changes. It is hard to comment on it because we hear very little from Comodo.

What is missing most is the culture where employees would communicate more with the forums

- I like very much the Comodo after Aginutm close.
Outpost was a good firewall indeed.
Comodo Secure Shopping - Perfectly protects your data from keyloggers, screenloggers, trojans ...
not even screen recorders capture screen ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUO2WwSfH6g

But we have no insights and can only read what some people/employees write and do not know why some people express themselves so negatively. Without this knowledge, it is hardly possible to form a judgement based solely on what is said on the Internet. I would be careful there.
If your concerns are somehow related to reality, I might think that employees could take it further.

[at]liosant: Thank you for the links! Really a great software! No wonder that my PC was always well protected! Thanks again to the staff and Melih!

screenrecorders are not seen? some clearity in the real protection will be very nice, thankyou

My clearity in the real protection is that I have protection in the reality (I hope I understand what you mean): no virus found ever, no ramson ware ever, no trojaner ever, no backdoor ever, the PC always clean. That’s (the) reality for me. A scan my PC not only with comodo, e.g. with hitman pro, too.

Downloaded the offline version as I didn’t want Comodo Dragon or shopping app.

Initially difficult to install but worked after a few attempts. Concerned Comodo had turned off Windows firewall as it meant there was a period where I was without protection while installing CIS.

Browsing, using Opera, seems a lot more fluid. I have no idea if it was the result of re-installing CIS.

This forum is like a abandoned place. If you want to keep in touch with what’s going on at Comodo, Itarian forum is your place to go.

At the moment, seems everything is going fine with Comodo, some moderators told there are more staff than ever before at the forums, also Melih’s net worth is estimated at 1,8 Billion USD which is bigger than Eugene Kaspersky’s net worth. I’d say Comodo company is doing perfectly fine.

This V12.1.0.6914 release was rushed because of Tenable vulnerabilities disclosure. Some of the problems reported by Tenable were not completely fixed in V12.0.0.6882 build.

If you are behind a Router then it means you are still protected by your Router’s Firewall.

in comodo secure shopping screenloggers don’t record our screen while we access the internet :-TU

Where can I find the results of the bux-fixing? How do I know if my reported bugs are fixed?
Can somebody tell this please?

Bug fixes are reported in the topic start of the release topics.

i’m still on 6818 and it says it’s up to date.

should i wait or ugrade manually ?

Hello. I’m using COMODO Firewall+HIPS v11.0.0.6802. One prominent issue for me with it is that from time to time HIPS does not take into account file status in ‘File List’, e.g. trusted files (those obtain such status after ‘Lookup…’ process - trusted by Comodo FLS) fire HIPS alerts.

Another ugly issue is uncontrollable columns widths after an attempt to resize columns in ‘File List’ window and several others. Only clearing respective keys in the registry resets widths to their default values.

Are these issues fixed nowadays? Thanks!

Thank you !

A new attempt at 6914:

First day: Everything works smoothy. No freezing, no delay. I’m keen for the next days.

I don’t know if some issues have been fixed meantime.

Any update on 6914 and win 10 1909 since 1909 just went live.I went back to ver 6882 when the signature update issue happened other day trying to fix that.Have updated to 1909 few minutes ago and was wondering if its safe to move on to 6914 or should I wait.