Comodo Install Found CA-Security Suite Support Bridge Listed as a Threat

Howdy~

I recently installed the Comodo Internet Suite Premium after using CA-Security Suite 2010 for about three (3) months.

The CA Security Suite worked alright but did seem to slow my computer down.

I then received an update for my Firefox to upgrade to 3.6.12. After that, either the Firefox browser or the CA-Security Suite caused me to only load Firefox in safe mood until I disabled the CA-Security Suite in my Firefox browser extensions. The Firefox browser extension would not allow me to uninstall the CA Security Suite extension, only place it in disabled mode.

I was then instructed by CA to run an uninstall using the on-board program uninstall and then try reinstalling the Security Suite. The reinstall would not fully load and would notified me of a:

• (1) “casc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.” and

• (2) “caaphupd.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.”

I was then instructed by CA to run their uninstall program code that they supplied from tech support. At that point the suite seemed to have completely been removed. My Firefox browser worked fine. And all the CA program appeared to be removed from files.

After all this hassle I then decided to change to Comodo.

When the Comodo initial scan completed it had detected one (1) threat noted as malware. I then quarantined the threat.

Location it was found:

• C:/Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CA-Support Bridge[…series of numbers…].sase

Malware name:

• UnclassifiedMalware@ […series of numbers…]

I am assuming that this may have been part of the CA Suite Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) but I am not sure.

Can someone please inform me if my assumption is correct?

One major improvement I have noticed since installing Comodo is the fact that my computer is operating quite noticeably much faster than with the CA Suite.

Any information that someone can give about the “threat” will be most appreciated and it will help to expand my personal knowledge base.

Thanks in advance…

~Larry~

Hey and Welcome!

I am happy to hear that CIS is living to your expectations! :-TU.

I would recommend you to use CSC (comodo system cleaner) to clean what CA left. Have you sent the file what was classified as malware? if you have you can send it to the forum.

look here https://forums.comodo.com/virusmalware-removal-assistance/antivirus-products-and-useful-links-t51387.0.html

When you download CSC go to settings and activate safe delete. (go to csc forum)

Regards,
Valentin

If CIS detects a file as malware that you’re not sure it is you can submit it as a false positive here. They’ll analyze it and send you an email back letting you know if it’s actually malicious or just a false positive. This sounds like a false positive, but better safe than sorry.

I was then instructed by CA to run their uninstall program code that they supplied from tech support. At that point the suite seemed to have completely been removed. My Firefox browser worked fine.
Most companys will intentionally leave a few things out and for that and many other reasons I use "Revouninsaller" http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

crazy idea, but it works flawlessly
Why don’t you reinstall “CA-Security Suite”. Open revouninstaller, use (Max settings). To remove it and run it.
Ignore anything that says restart" Just don’t restart. :slight_smile: By doing that that way revo will remove every traces.

Wouldn’t work unless he/she reinstalled this CA thing again. If the .exe’s of that program, or any vital things that make the program work get removed, which happened, revo won’t detect it therefor it can’t uninstall it.

Hi eatmyplis
… wouldn’t work what?

Wasn’t that what jay2007tech suggested? 88)

Hi Larry_The_Duck ,

In addition before attempting reinstallation - here is a list of CA Removal Tools

My regards

loool ooops only read up to “crazy idea, but it works flawlessly”