Comodo icon in the taskbar?

Just a quick question which I have looked for but can’t find an answer to.

Basically does the Comodo icon in the task bar always show? The only reason I ask is that when I start my pc there is no Comodo icon in the taskbar, does that mean that it’s not running on start up?

The only way I get the icon to show is to double click on the short cut on my desktop and it appears.

The version is 3.5.54375.427 and I’m using Windows XP service pack 3. I’m running it with AVG 8 free version.

Many thanks in advance.

bibooo

Same Here, Same Version

I found help under:
http://blog.kazmarek.com/2008/03/05/sound-or-network-icons-disappear-from-the-notification-area-system-tray/

now everything is fine …

Jagdish

I will try this the next time I can’t see the Comodo Icon in the taskbar. I keep meaning to check if Comodo’s running after booting up, rather than just the icon not showing.

Will post back when I get the chance to try this out.

Thanks,

bibooo

I found a solution for me that works perfectly. I simply went to My network Places and on the left pane I chose to Hide UPnP devices. This operation does not disable the service (which I need)."

To see this choice, you have to have Tools, Folder Options, Show Common Tasks selected.

The above solution is courtesy of Saverio Ostuni

Tried the Jagdish solution but no joy. I then checked if Comodo was working on start up, but it wasn’t.

Basically why is it not running on start up when I have selected it to do so. It’s OK when I’m using this PC and know to manually start Comodo after boot up, but when other people are on it they do not know this and the PC is open to attack.

Any other suggestions as to why Comodo is not running on start up and how to make it run at start up.

Thanks in advance.