Comodo I-Vault Wishlist rev 1

The space for serial numbers needs to be longer to view some serial numbers you have to open “edit card” to see the whole number

A standalone un-installer that can be downloaded from the comodo site.

Can you provide a link?

Regards,
Justin

??? you mean for the uninstaller?
It does not exist (for the time being). :stuck_out_tongue:
It was only a request ;D

I’d like to echo ektorbarajas, and in the same priority as listed. :wink:

I also empahsise on this. The only reason I DON’T use i-Vault is the lack of support for Firefox. :slight_smile:

This product has huge potential. Some thoughts on additional features:

1. Ability to automatically populate additional fields on web forms other than just username & password. Some logins require multiple fields for authentication. Some require a selection to be made from dropdown lists. There appears to be an “additional info” field in the cards, but I have been unsuccessful in getting it to work or find any info about it.

2. Prompt for card selection on auto login when there are mutliple identities for the same website.

I look forward to the next release.

…and one more to the list

1. When using the IE option “Interactive: request data in dialog”, make an option to prompt after submitting a form. It is extremely annoying having this thing pop in your face every time you visit a new website, regardless of whether you intend to login to it or not. Once I submit the form, I should be given the option to store the data as a card, ignore this page forever, or ignore this page for now.

Since Firefox is my primary browser and I only use IE when I download patches, I-Vault must be compatible and integrate into Firefox for me to even consider switching from RoboForm that has a Firefox toolbar.

Thanks

I use both Firefox and IE. I also currently use Roboform for form filling and logins. However, I would consider switching to i-Vault if it were made to be Firefox compatible/friendly. It would become the end of Roboform if it had some of the universal use in different programs and even USB keys that Roboform does. And i-Vault even seems to have better encrpytion as well. There are some REALLY great features in i-Vault that Robofrom doesn’t have. There is SO MUCH more potential for this program. Please make it Firefox friendly and I will switch in a heartbeat, even though I have purchased Roboform Pro. I will sell my license (I don’t know if that’s legal though…).

I would certainly like it to get hooks for biometric sign-in (Like IBM/Lenovos Client Security Service has). For those of us who have biometric scanning devices in our laptops (See: Fingerprint scanner), this is SO much more comfortable, and a LOT more secure.

Detection of TPM-hardware would be nice aswell, since encryption of your stored data through the TPM is A) less cpu intensive, and B) more secure (less possibility of tampering).

If the i-vault gets both biometric signin, and tpm support, I might consider replacing the Client Securty Solution on my laptop with i-vault. :slight_smile:

//Svein

Yet another request: I have already wished for Firefox compatibility. That would be great since I use Firefox for secure sites. My last wish…Opera compatibility. That would ■■■■ Roboform out of the water!! I currently use RoboForm Pro, but I’ll switch to i-Vault once it’s more user friendly to Firefox/Opera.

I know this question doesn’t belong here, but I thought I’d ask it. Does RoboForm need to be uninstalled in order for i-Vault to work correctly?

I’ve been playing with IV for a couple of hours now. Here are some initial wishes:

• Running on a USB would be good but before I give up eWallet, IV would need to run on my winPDA as well. I often need to get to my encrypted info in places where a computer is not available or to log into a user’s PC on site.

• More card types with more fields and/or user definable cards. For instance, I like having my credit card with the login fields in the same place for paying my bill online. And AMEX cards can have a PIN, a 3-digit CVC#, and a separate 4-digit verification number.

• eWallet allows us to share data stores on our network (second user is read-only).

• Another vote for Firefox.

That said, it’s nice to have a program to recommend for the typical user. Keep up the good work.

I really like JimmyD’s suggestion of drag & drop other files to secure them “in” the vault. I vote for that. (I really like the encryption options available there.) (R)

And let me add my vote for Firefox integration. I just started using that for grins ;D , and I’m diggin’ it. However, no i-Vault. (:SAD) I had forgotten that until I tried to use them together…

Hi, another vote for firefox, usb, importing csv file capability, being vault like in the storage of files, auto login with hotkey synced to current login web page, also …

-show passwords in a grid table view that is sortable on any field
-include expiration field (I have software that expires, domain registrations, web hosts, etc.), user search for expired in user defined period of time in advance of expiration - it happened to me … :wink: - I discovered my business web site was down due to an expired credit card over a holiday weekend, they emailed my old email address …
-table/grid view shows all records in current folder and lower level folders or current folder only (user selectable) - then drag and drop of multiple records to any folder for easy organization
-search, (instead of find, find next) fillter to only show records that contains the search text - which of course would be sortable and dragable to move from existing folders to the new folder.
-include integration and syncing of browser favorites (Check&get does this beautifully)

A lot of the sites that we need passwords for are also part of our bookmarks, for the home user integrating and making both functions (passwords and bookmarks) intuitive and easy would go a long way towards capturing the home market and gaining attention. I have looked at a lot of the free and paid home targeted password managers - it seems that the password managers are designed by security minded / technically minded individuals and the bookmark management software is designed by the designer types … if the two could ever shake hands they would deffinently become a household norm.

-Roger

Well as well as the firefox support, which is pretty much a given I’ve got a couple other minor suggestions. So here we go:

• On Contact cards, you cannot choose not to not have an anniversary, as there is already a default date set, and you cannot select no-date. It’d be kinda useful to get rid of that, as many people aren’t in a relationship, and for ones that are, you quite often don’t know their anniversary date. I usually end up getting a fake date on them, which is of no relevance because I cannot pick none.

• I thought this option was already in it but looking through it isn’t. Just a way of setting the default password creation options. Like being able to say, passwords I create i want to be between 12 and 15 characters, and include upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols, and have a button when creating a card which you can do that, and you would only have to go into the “…” if you wanted a password different from your default password creation settings.

I think I-Vault is great :■■■■ and better than ROBO form, however there are a few issues.

1. Solve the Master Password Issue - After awhile trying to login I get an incorrect typed master password. I’m still waiting on support to tell me how to get in. (:AGY)

2. The ability to print out a full list of cards insted of one at a time. (L)

another one vote from me to jimmyD’s idea (:CLP) for storing larger files i will really apreciate that cause i m using for example jpegs for storing long lists like TAN VERIFICATION NUMBERS for my online bank accounts and beilive me there are thousand numbers on it so i cant write all those numbers on i-vault so it would be simpler to drag n drop the files into i-vault and can open them anytime , so this is nessecery i was using cryptainer from cypherix wich is also freeware but only 128 bit so i liked very much i-vault with 256 bit stronger encryption it is safer and i installed it but now i m using both i-vault for text and cryptainer for larg files of any size Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee can you do this for us?I just want to use only one program for passwords and files and i prefer i-vault cause i m using the firewall too from comodo and i dont like to get messed up with a lot of companys it would be a great help
Thank you comodo
GIVE US LARGE FILES SUPPORT ON i-VAULT (M)
Ah and i forgotten to mention that if it is possible make the comodo lounch pad optional please if it is possible another one vote from me

Firefox support that is a must have.