comodo help

hi ppl

i will change my os tomorrow. i m using windows xp sp2

i will change into windows 7.my present comodo will getdeleted if i install new os.is there any way to back up comodo or i can back up it in my pendrive so that i dont need to update it again?

i want to ask that if i install comodo again in windows 7 and that software will not be updated till today so i will have to update it with 100 mb file.

if suppose virus comes from internet in my laptop while updating comodo then wat i can do? comodo wil not stop it bcoz it is not updated.

i m using dial up betwork so it may take about 1 hour to download 100 mb so may be viruses come.

wat i can do in this problem?

I think you can backup C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners\bases.cav
It’s the biggest file (AV signatures).

u think or u sure?

plz tell me perfectly so that i can know that backup can be done.

Yes I’m sure, LanGuy99 did it in one of his video.

do i need to copy bases.cav file from my present comodo and then i have to paste it in the same folder when i will install comodo again?

yes.

can u please show me that video which u talked on above post?

Read the how to in Where can i download the latest full AV database?.

do i need to start my pc into safe mood to paste that bases.cav file in scanners folder?

or i can paste it in normal start?

You can do this during the install of CIS, if you paste bases.cav in the scanners folder before you reboot to finish the install.

At all other times you have to use Safe Mode (F8) or totally disable Defense+ when CIS is fully installed.

Dennis

do u mean i have to paste bases.cav file while instaling cis and before restarting my pc when it asks to do?

i done this in normal mode but it still not working. database not updated in comodo.

Check More / About the database should not be 1 if it has been successful.

It will still show database not updated even though you have change the bases.cav

i seen now but not updated. it showing 6256 virus signature

Mine is 6262 at the moment of writing.

The latest available full av database has number 6241.

thank u

it work now.i think i have to update version also.i have old version 4.1

i put new windows 7 now in pc but i dont know why firewall of comodo is not inside system and security.

it not have windoes firewall. how i can know that comodo firewall is on or off? it has only windows firewall in control panel. i m using windows 7 for 1st time so i dont know that why i cant see comodo firewall

where i can find comodo firewall on or off in windows 7?

You mean in the Action Center? That is in Control Panel.

ya i know it in action center but it only shows windows firewall. where is comodo firewall?

It should be there. Sometimes the Action Center does not pick up a security program. Best is to ‘reset’ it.

Try the Security Center reset. Does that do the trick for you?

Open a command prompt by clicking Start → Run. Type cmd and click OK.

In the command prompt window, type NET STOP WINMGMT /Y and press ENTER.

Type REN %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WBEM\REPOSITORY REP.OLD and press ENTER.

Type EXIT and press ENTER to close the window.

Restart the system. Windows should start normally, but you may be prompted to restart the system once more to complete the changes caused by resetting the core repository. You may also need to restart once more if Windows Security Center still does not detect your security product.

i done both ways as u said but still i cant see comodo firewall in action center

[attachment deleted by admin]