Comodo GUI Interface keeps breaking - won't open!

Hi,

I don’t know why but Comodo Free Firewall keeps breaking (even on the last two clean installs I did, after complete uninstallation with Revo Uninstaller).

What happens is, it starts, and it runs, but it will not open the user interface (GUI) when I either click the icon in the system tray, or the icon on my desktop! WHAT is wrong?

Sorry - just very frustrating. Would appreciate any clues.

gail

Do you have other security programs running in the background? Try disabling them.

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.

Can you open the GUI in Windows Safe Mode and let it run Diagnostics?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for replying! Please forgive my delay on the forum.

I’m only using the Firewall (that’s all I installed) of the CIS Install package. Other than that, I’m running AVG Free Antivirus, and SUPERAntiSpyware Pro, and they had been working fine all together, but then Comodo Firewall began to not open up the GUI, after I’d visited a web site which wanted to run a script in my browser. (That broke Comodo’s GUI opening a few times, so I began uninstalling and reinstalling Comodo.)

I uninstalled and reinstalled Comodo several times, whenever the GUI would stop opening up, and except for the past two times, it fixed the problem. Also, a bunch of Windows Updates fixed the problem unexpectedly, a few weeks ago (there were about 9 or 10 or 11 updates that day?).

I’m running Windows XP Pro.

I think I did try opening Comodo in Safe Mode, I don’t remember what happened. I guess I could try again. But I’d rather not uninstall my antivirus and antispywares. Thank you! gail

Hi Gail. The Topic below is a bit old, but it might have some useful ideas to try when running AVG and Comodo together. Good luck and all the best.
https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/comodo-firewall-running-but-not-opening-t64848.0.html;msg456615#msg456615

Thank you, Captainsticks! I’ll save that link for future reference.

It turned out that I did have some old Bit Defender files from an online scan several months ago. So, I used the prior link to find the uninstall app for Bit Defender, and uninstalled those old files. Then I did another uninstall of Comodo Firewall using Revo Uninstaller (since the Comodo GUI still wasn’t opening).

Then, I reinstalled Comodo Firewall, and now the GUI is opening - for how long, I don’t know, but I hope for the best.

I’m not sure why Comodo seemed to need me to define all the various files of SAS as trusted apps. Maybe I don’t understand how to use CF yet - I sort of thought it was all automatic.

Thanks very much for your help,
gail