Comodo FW Won't Allow Me To Post In Forums

Hi All,

First of all, I’d like to say that Comodo Personal Firewall is the BEST of the lot out there. Very robust and does the job. It beats the competition hands-down. The best part is that it is FREE!!

Now, on to my problem. You see, I have Comodo Personal Firewall 2.3. The problem is that it does NOT allow me to post in a Group (similar to a Forum). However, when I disable it, I’m able to post.

Please, is there anything that can be done about it? I don’t feel quite safe having to disable my firewall whilst online.

Thanks for your help.

kiwi992.

Couple of questions… what happens when you attempt to post into these forums with CPF enabled & are you running avast! (AntiVirus)?

Hi Kail,

Thanks for asking.

What happens when I attempt to post is that the status bars at the bottom of the screen go up to four and eventually time out, saying ‘the page can not be displayed’

No, I do not run Avast anti-virus.

Strange thing is that I have no problem in posting here with the firewall turned on, yet, at the Yahoo Group, the problem occurs until I turn off the firewall.

kiwi992.

So, I can try it, can you please post a URL for the Yahoo group you are trying to access. Thanks.

Are you running any other security related products that have active components? Also, was there anything relevant in CPFs log and, finally ;D, what browser are you running?

By the way, welcome to the forums. Sorry, I can be a bit abrupt a times. :slight_smile:

Hi Kail,

Many thanks for the reply and for welcoming me to the Forum.

I have a firewall router in addition to the CPF software firewall, run IE and haven’t seen any relevant CPF log.

Anyway, I think that it’d be best if I leave it for now and see what happens in the next upgrade of CPF.

Thanks all the same for trying to help.

kiwi992.

I have posted in many Yahoo groups using Comodo and Avast. No problems.