Comodo Freezing

Ok so I have had a weird issue with CIS for a while now. CIS just freezes whenever choose an option when it shows a popup. I don’t really know how to explain it so I will give an example.

1. Start installing something.
  2. CIS asks if I should allow the setup, etc
  3. I click accept CIS just freezes for anywhere between 1-3 minutes, consequently also freezing the program I am trying to install. During this time I cannot open up CIS or do anything with the setup until after CIS unfreezes.

This only happens if I accept/deny/change modes via popup notifications. I know this isn’t the greatest description of my problem but I don’t know how to explain it any other way. CIS eventually unfreezes and other than this small issue it works fine. I haven’t really tried anything yet by the way.

Anyways, any help is appreciated.

When you have a lot of rules in CIS it will take time each time you answer an alert. But 1-3 minutes is getting to the rediculous.

Can you tell us what hardware you are on?

You can try the following to get lesser rules and see if that helps to make it faster again:

• In Computer Security Policy (Defense + → Advanced) use the Purge button to get rid off rules for files not being used anymore
  • In Computer Security Policy Edit the rule for Explorer and delete entries for programs it is allowed to run but are not needed anymore (installers for example) (Access rights → push the Modify button behind Run an executable)
  • In Network Security Policy (Firewall → Advanced) use the Purge button to get rid off rules for files not being used anymore
  • In Network Security Policy; if you have very elaborate rule sets try to use predefined policies instead

Alright, did number 1. It purged quite a bit.
There was nothing under Modify → Run as executable
Done.
I don’t have any rule sets other than the default so that shouldn’t be an issue.

I think the first part might have been the issue. Just tested it and it seemed to still freeze up but it didn’t last as long as it usually does.

Hardware:
AMD Phenom 9850 BE 2.50GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
GIGABYTE GA-MA78GPM-DS2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Wasn’t sure exactly what you wanted so just listed what I thought would suffice. If you need more info just ask.

I was curious to whether you were on older or more contemporary hardware.

When I add a new rule it hogs one of my four cores for several seconds.