Comodo Firewall

I apollogise if I put this in the wrong section, but I do not know where else to post it. I have a problem with the firewall. The last week it keeps reporting that the Diagnostic is not running. When I click the button to check it, it says that there is no problem, yet normally I see all systems are active and running and for the last week it keeps saying, diagnostics are not running. Does anyone know how this is possible, and even better, the solution. Iam very satisfied with the firewall and I use it for years now without a problem, help me please?

What does the message exactly say? Can you post a screenshot? I don’t think it siad Diagnostic is not running but something else.

Can you also check with Task Manager (enable “Show processes of all users”) to see if cfp.exe and cmdagent.exe are both running or not.

Well, it does say, diagnostic is not running. Normally the firewall is green when you open it and says, all systems are active and running. Today I had no trouble and it worked as it should be running. the incident happened a few times and when I open the firewall is is all colored red, and says, diagnostic is not running. I cannot give a screenshot because it works normal today. Sorry.

Keep us posted in case it occurs again. When the problem occurs again see if cfp.exe and cmdagent.exe are running or not. Also run Diagnostics and see if that brings any new insights.