Comodo Firewall

Hi i havent been to this site for a while but when i got here it looks as if Comodo Firewall is now Comodo Internet Security!

Is that right? if so would i be better off installing this rarther than the older Comodo Firewall that i have?

Hello. :slight_smile:

Yes, the CIS suite is available for all-in-one firewall, AV, and Defense+. But, the firewall, anti virus, etc can still be used separately by just selecting what you want to install when running the CIS installer.

You can update your current CFP to the latest version by using the built in updater in CFP. But if you want the whole suite (including AV), you need to uninstall CFP and install a new copy from here. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply iam still a little unclear perhaps i ddnt make myself clear enough.

I have Comodo Firewall Plus version 3.5.57173.439

I downloaded this when the firewall came on its own, before they brought out Comodo Internet Security, What iam wondering is will Comodo Still be updating my version? Or are they concentrating soley on Comodo Internet Security?

And another question would it be better just to get Comodo Internet Security anyway as it seems to offer more all round protection.

Thanks for your time

I’m assuming you downloaded an older version in the past and updated it to .439 because as you can see here, the last version that was available to download just containing CFP was 3.0.25.378. Once it hit 3.5.x.x, it was called CIS and had the AV integrated in it.

Yes, every time there is a CIS update, there will an update for CFP too (so you will have the latest version of the stand alone CFP that is also available in CIS).

It’s up to you. The AV in CIS is pretty new but improving at a rapid pace. There is a huge update coming out soon (sometime in February) with many new added features. :slight_smile:

That answers everything thanks for your time :smiley:

No problem. :slight_smile: