COMODO Firewall Version 3.0.20.320 released!

Change log:

FIXED! Slow network performance under certain circumstances

Enjoy,

Jim

(:a*) Recommended to reboot after the update
(:m*) Free Firewall - Download the Best Firewall Protection and Anti-Virus Scan Software from Comodo

32-bit Setup (Available in English language only)
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.20.320_XP_Vista_x32.exe
Size: 20.0 MB (20,956,416 bytes)
MD5: d9fb03321f90b9ae85824d395bd17875
SHA1: c9f106ef278b2bb324f53a0c5eedacaeb43a0d88

64-bit Setup (Available in English language only)
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.20.320_XP_Vista_x64.exe
Size: 29.3 MB (30,752,000 bytes)
MD5: 017d104ed802ea8a45baf6a84a981cc3
SHA1: 473d345eda5b97082e45012516ddc2b5c0472cf8

Update went fast and smooth. I guess this was the only fix (and maybe some minor bug fixes), as there wasn’t any need to reboot.

Cheers,
Ragwing

I think you need to reboot to “fix” the network speed bug as someone reported in another thread. (:WIN)

Awesome Speed is back. Thank U!! (:CLP)

Anything new about: wireless + update + losing connection problem?

Update from 20.319 to 20.320 didn’t ruin my wireless connection.

The inspect.sys file was replaced on my computer I presume this is why you need a reboot.
Dennis

Cool my pings and latency are fixed. Kinda sucks when your trying to frag at high pings. Thanks for the quick update patch.

guys is it possible to get a default installation of the product to give a ‘true stealth’ reading?
I’ve tried with every version since v3.0.13.268 and none of them will do it for me…:frowning:
the only modification I do make is when I run the ‘stealth ports wizard’ to add my second pc
but after all of this it still leaves me with vital ports 135/139 ‘open’ and port 445 in a ‘closed’ state.
I also tried every time to import my existing settings into the latest release but once again it fails for me.

I’d love to be able to finally get this newest release to work but I don’t have the necessary knowledge
to be able to configure additional rules to stop these problems.

any help would be very much appreciated.

Mike.

btw my setup is an old fashioned dial-up connection with ICS (Internet connection sharing) in vista… (:LGH)

Excellent, I think it’s faster then v3.0.18 also.
:BNC

I hope you guys didn’t imagine it :stuck_out_tongue: ;D because I don’t feel any speed difference (maybe my net is always slow to begin with >:()

Anyway, I added the url for those who don’t believe in CFP’s updater 88)

Do you have a hardware firewall?

Not faster (than .18) to the big big world, but a little faster (than .18) in my LAN and WLAN ;D

Oh you mean those kinds of 'AN’s. Duly noted :P0l

Not sure what to tell you, but it works just fine for me. My test using Shield’s Up -

1. set my laptop to DMZ on my Linksys router and turned off the firewall
    result - at least half my ports were closed, the other half stealth

2. still in DMZ turned ON the firewall
    result - ALL ports stealth

3. removed the laptop from DMZ, firewall still on
    result - all ports stealth but those I have forwarded to the laptop, those are closed at the moment as I don’t have any apps running on those ports right now

So all is as it should be on my end.

Good Day Comodo,

Could Egeman &/or Melih &/or ?? Please tell us if the CHKDSK problem has been fixed?

Thank You Very Much,

Roberta

https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/horrible_network_performance_3019_x32_fixed-t20818.0.html;msg143654#msg143654:

no…no hardware firewall buddy…only comodo but as always I’m reluctant to try
installing even this version because of past history with all the others.
if I knew I could get an exact same settings as I have now then all would be well
but I always end up installing and uninstalling and going back to early version.

thanks for feedback.

Mike.

Mike, your problem is like Ganda’s:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/what_should_i_do_to_pass_ping_reply_test_on_cfp_3018309_resolved-t20686.0.html

u can’t use netbios with last comodo installed? and it used to work with older version? u have 2 machines? on xp?
and without any firewall it works?
when u reboot after install , comodo found your private network and u got 2 options. if u clic the first one, your private network should work as this option allow to enable sharing of ressources with others computers of the network.
i dont use netbios but i tried it once with one xp and one vista and it worked fine, your network is trusted by comodo?
do u see a machine in microsoft windows network?
i’m not sure what’s your prob so i ask a lot of questions, maybe i didnt get your prob.