COMODO firewall v3 verdict.......

So what do you think?? (:NRD)

It’s better than 2.4, but it need few things fixed until final version. Like it’s problem with Avast! web shield. And several BSODs and bugs need to be fixed. But when it’s final I can hopefully give it a 5 star rating, or maybe 6 :wink:

Ragwing

ashu, your poll doesn’t make sense to allow members to vote all 5 options.

Example: how can it be both Slightly better than v2 and Much better than V2 at the same time? It can only be one or the other. I think you should narrow it down to only 1 vote.

It took me a few installs to get it running right but that’s why we are testing it so we can find all of the bugs. I was expecting it to be more stable but they did add more features so some of the instability is to be expected I guess.

I think this firewall is awesome but of course still needs some work.

jasper

ashu, your poll doesn't make sense to allow members to vote all 5 options.

Example: how can it be both Slightly better than v2 and Much better than V2 at the same time? It can only be one or the other. I think you should narrow it down to only 1 vote.

sorry for that… (:SHY)

No need to apologize. I was actually hinting that you should Edit Poll, but if you do that the votes may reset.

I already tried to do that, but I can’t see the option to reduce no. of votes per person…

can you edit it(poll) for me??? ;D

Done.

[attachment deleted by admin]

You mods gotta be really powerful as you can edit polls, and manipulate results! :smiley:

LA

Don’t worry; I have a feeling you’ll learn the secrets real soon :wink:

Oh, in a moment of confusion I thought you could actually edit the results - changing numbers. The screen shot seems to show that you can’t, except for reseting, which anyone who started a poll can do…?

I can’t manually change the numbers, but I can reset it (never used this though). The only thing that can skew the results is to change the poll entries.

I has taken me a few hours to get it running but so far I’m impressed.

There are still bugs in CPF3, but being a beta the quality is impressive.

• Overall I like the new firewall being low on resources (I am not yet that convinced with HIPS in this respect though it works well). Also the usability was greatly improved and so far is more intuitive to use than before.

• Loopbacks work like a charm. It eases the setup of a few applications that required further configuration under CPF 2.4. It is great now that that part is handled separately.

• One thing that could be better are the rules for known safe applications. I didn’t like the settings for known browsers for example, as default rules are too relaxed. It would be good for these rules to be more strict, only allowing common ports to be open and letting the user decide on other situations.

• On a related matter, the addition of configurable “Port Sets” is great! It is really nice to be able to refer to port numbers using descriptive names as it allows to abstract oneself from the the numbers and think instead on the tasks.

• Now that you can easily store the configuration on a file, allowing the possibility to share it with others or install it on multiple machines one of the biggest voids of CPF2.4 disappears. → I only wish the config offered the possibility of storing in plain text tough, so to introduce minor modifications by hand, instead of using the interface to make changes. It would also be nice if there was the possibility of exchanging general rules with other widespread applications (open source?) to take advantage of those rule sets and rule repositories.

Comodo keeps the tradition of outdoing themselves! Thank you!

Yes there are bugs in the beta, but I believe when it is finished, it will be much better then version 2, so that’s what I vote for.

Justin

I think It has the potential to be the best firewall on the market, much better than v2.4
That being said, Iwould love the new HIPS engine to be able to make some desitions of its own. I really don’t understand some of the alerts, and I would love to see it detect and block code and dll injections by its own and without user intervention, it seems to me that for the average user it is nearly impossible to determine when a code injection or a dll injection made by one program to another is legitimate, specially when the alerts don’t really advise on what action to take…

I agree completely with Master TB