Comodo Firewall Startup Problem

I’m having problems getting Comodo Firewall to start up with windows. This has only just started happening and I haven’t noticed any updates which might have affected it.

I have previously experienced the problem of the splash screen appearing, and fixed this by disabling one of the startup processes using CCleaner as suggested in various threads throughout these forums.

Now, Comodo Firewall refuses to startup with windows, with no system tray icon (however task manager still displays cfp.exe running). I have managed to fix this by re-allowing the second process in the startup with CCleaner, fixing the “not loading” problem but resulting in the splash screen problem re-appearing.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After I downloaded the Comodo Firewall I lost my internet connection immediately. So I thought I had to reformat my computer, but then I decided to uninstall it from the Add Remove Porgrams. After this was completed I had to restart my computer, and my internet connection came back. What I would like to know did any one else have this problem? Why would the firewall cause me to loose my internet connection? Any info would help.

thanks

At Ice Globe. What does the splash screen say? I do recall a situation where the first screen after the reboot after installing would reappear each time. Iirc correctly there would be two Run keys with similar names causing it. Try disabling the keys and see which one solves your problem.

@Rtiyzyone. May be you are the victim of an unfortunate decision you made. Try installing CIS again and see if the same thing happens again.

When it happens click right on the CIS icon in the systray and set Firewall Security level to disabled and see if that helps or not. When that works look up the rules for System and svchost.exe (if it is there) and make sure they are not set to blocked.

Then start your own topic so you will get the deserved attention (your problem differs from the one in this topic).

Keep us posted in a new topic.

The splash screen is just the usual main menu summary page of Comodo.

You may have misunderstood, but I have managed to fix the Splash Screen issue by disabling one of the run keys using CCleaner. The problem is that suddenly now, Comodo will not load at boot up with no splash screens or icons displaying (however a cfp.exe process is still running in task manager).

This problem of startup has only just started to occur, and the splash screen “fix” worked flawlessly for a few months. However now, the only way for Comodo to display on startup at all is to re-enable the second run key which ofc brings the splash screen back.

I could put up with the splash screen if it means that Comodo starts on boot up, however I was wondering why Comodo had suddenly started to not appear on startup when disabling the 2nd run key had no adverse affect for months.

Open regedit and navigate to:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

In the window on the right make sure that the key:

Comodo Internet Security

Has the value:

“C:\Program Files\Comodo\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe” -h

I have an equivalent key which I assume is correct? The path is correct to the executional file.

“C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cfp.exe” -h

Thanks for the assistance though.

Guess I shall try re-installing Comodo. Has the uninstaller been updated to remove the registry conflicts I keep reading about, or will I have to use CCleaner to remove all remaining traces?

Thanks again.

Seeing as you already have some sort of reg issue.
I would recommend a thorough scrub after uninstall.

Revo Uninstaller does an excellent job of these.
The trick is to - After Revo runs the Comodo uninstaller at the last step when
the Comodo uninstaller asks to reboot choose no.

Then let Revo scan for and delete everything it finds. Works like a hot dam.
Then reboot and start your fresh install preferably with the new CIS 3.8

Should have started out before with the usual What version? Firewall only?
Sorry bout that, but we’re beyond that now.

Later

I have managed to fix this problem thankfully. The issue seems to have been related to hiding UPnP device icons.

The problem was occurring with Comodo Firewall standalone, on version 3.5.57173.439.

Thanks for your time and help though :slight_smile: