Comodo Firewall [Solved]

I’ve used Comodo for a couple of years. It’s a little annoying repetitively asking if Firefox can proceed. Can this be adjusted?

Today I was writing an email using Thunderbird and the Comodo request to allow Firefox came up. I hit NO and now I can’t seem to enable Comodo and use Firefox to access the internet. I’ve accessed the Application Control Rules but it says ALLOW for TCP/UDP In/Out. Now I have to turn it off to access the internet.

What next?

Welcome to the Forum, diricksonj.
This may have been a Defense+ alert that came up. Did you look at the rules created under that?

Where do I go to see the Defense+ rules?

Defense+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy.
Look for your Application, select it, click Edit. Select Predefined Policies, and select ‘Browser’ from the drop-down list.
I hope this helps you.

I just have the free COMODO FIREWALL PRO. I don’t see a selection for Defense+.

I’ve deleted Firefox.exe from my Application List and reinstalled it twice to no avail. Somehow when I selected NO to allowing Firefox to start, it has stored that response and is not forgetting it.

Which version are you using? Have you considered upgrading to 3.8 at this page?

The free version is 2.4.18.184 and UPDATER says there are no further updates at this time. I’m guessing the 3.8 version is the Purchased Comodo Security package?

Reading the forums in your link, sounds like there are some issues with 3.8.

I really think my problem with 2.8 is simple but I don’t know how to fix it. I sure hope the program can Allow a previously disallowed application.

The 3.8 version is also ‘free’. The links I provided allow you to DL the flavour specific to your OS.
The version you are running is no longer supported.
3.9 will be released very soon also.

Thanks John! I’ll give it a try.

I did resolve my problem by restarting the computer. When I started Firefox it queried me to Allow and I’m back in business.

Thanks for your help, John

-Topic Closed-

Reason: Another User Helped By John Buchanan Good Job!

Possible Actions:

1. PM a Moderator or Me to Unlock This Topic

2. If You Have a Different Issue Please Search For The Problem, If You Cannot Find It Create a New Topic in The Correct Board/Catergory

3. If You Have a Similar Issue Please PM a Moderator/User That Found The Solution To This Topic, He/She May Know How To Solve Your Issue Too

- Jacob Kilgore
C-O-M-O-D-O Forum Moderator

-Topic Closed-

Reason:

Possible Actions:

1. PM a Moderator or Me to Unlock This Topic

2. If You Have a Different Issue Please Search For The Problem, If You Cannot Find It Create a New Topic in The Correct Board/Catergory

3. If You Have a Similar Issue Please PM a Moderator/User That Found The Solution To This Topic, He/She May Know How To Solve Your Issue Too

- Jacob Kilgore
C-O-M-O-D-O Forum Moderator