Comodo Firewall Pro isn`t passing leak tests [Resolved]

Ive downloaded Comodo Firewall Pro, but its failing the leak tests, even Comodos own! Whats going on, please?

Hi mrx666, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Would you care to be a little more specific about your claim?

Which leak tests?
How are your performing the leak tests?
How do you know CFP is failing?

and so on…

Toggie

Im using the CPIL Test Suite and its not blocking the messages. As a matter of fact, I dont even get a screen telling me its going thru. I also used the pcflanker test, same thing.

Open the firewall, go to Security/Advanced/Miscellaneous, and make sure the top box “Enable Alerts” is checked. While you’re there, go ahead and uncheck “Do not show any alerts for applications certified by Comodo.” Click OK, then close the FW GUI.

Reboot.

Also be sure to reboot between leaktests.

I can pretty much guarantee you that CFP passes these leak tests with flying colors, provided you have not in some way disabled its protection (or possibly have some other issue with your computer, the FW installation, etc).

All the test that you are having troubles with, I have done (as have many many others) successfully. The FW does just what it’s supposed to.

I’m not sure why you’re having these troubles, but my first guess is the “Enable Alerts” setting.

I already did that. After I rebooted and tried the tests again, I was getting mutiple pages of “page cannot be displayed.” I had to disconnect from the internet and reboot to get them to stop. And thank you for responding(No, I`m not being sarcastic!).

Ok, I went ahead and did what you suggested. It didn`t work, the text went thru without any popup from the firewall. Any other suggestions?

Boy, I feel like I’m typing double… :wink:

The “page cannot be displayed” message is probably because the FW has blocked the browser without you being aware of it.

If you’re not getting alerts from the FW, and you have done the two things I suggested (Security/Advanced/Miscellaneous), then there’s something else going on.

Do you have a second firewall installed? If so, was it active when you installed CFP?

Did you have any active/real-time security software (AV, antispy, HIPS, registry guard, etc) running when you installed CFP?

LM

Ok, maybe I`m not making myself clear. This is what I got when I did what you told me to do:

Comodo Firewall Pro: Parent Injection Leak Test
Your firewall didn’t pass the test and transmitted information to our website.
You typed: 666kkk
This time it was useless information - next time it could be your credit card number or other sensitive data being passed to a hacker.

Comodo Firewall Pro 2.3 is the only firewall to pass all three Comodo Parent Injection Leak Tests with its default settings.

Get Protected. Download Comodo Firewall Pro Now.

So, forget about the “page cannot be displayed”. I never said that in my last post. I said the info went thru without a pop-up from the firewall.
The only other firewall was Windows, and Firewall Pro turned it off when installing.
I did have a-squared Anti-Malware running.

I was typing while you were typing. It was in response to…

My apologies if you felt I was ignoring your statement about the the popups (or lack thereof). I wanted to make sure that any other users viewing this thread (that might not see the other one) were fully aware.

Which test were you running from the CPIL suite? If you can capture screenshots of each step along the way, I’d love to see what you’re seeing…

If you look at Activity/Logs for the time of the test, are there any entries there?

In Security/Advanced/Application Behavior Analysis, you haven’t disabled that, have you? (top check box, “Enable…”)

Without popups, that’s very strange. It is possible that a2 interfered with CFP’s install; this is not at all uncommon, and the very slightest blip during the install can have odd results.

LM

Apoligies arent neccessary about the pop-ups. I thought you misunderstood my 3:31 post. Besides, I can be a bit dumb at times. LOL!! I ran test 1 from the CPIL suite. No activity log for the time of the test(?). I havent disabled Behavior Analysis.
Ill reboot and try to get some screen shots of the test. Before I go, would the Alert Frequency Level have anything to do with it? Its set on low.

Low’s the default setting. It is perfectly secure (just less detail in the alerts & application rules); it should generate an alert for Outgoing and Incoming connections for each application (port, IP, protocol, don’t matter).

The big thing about these tests is the Application Behavior Analysis. That and Component Monitor. In fact, there’s a thought… is Component Monitor set to “Learn” or is it “On”?

LM

It`s set to “learn.”

Ok, the test suite is now ready to run, but its from my desktop and I dont know how to get a screen shot from there. I just hit test 1, and after a couple of seconds I got this:

Your firewall didn’t pass the test and transmitted information to our website.
You typed: mrx666
This time it was useless information - next time it could be your credit card number or other sensitive data being passed to a hacker.

Comodo Firewall Pro 2.3 is the only firewall to pass all three Comodo Parent Injection Leak Tests with its default settings.

Get Protected. Download Comodo Firewall Pro Now.

Now for the activity log: Inbound Policy Violation (Access denied, IP=69.70.207.119, Port 1026. There`s another entry at 14:56 if you want it.

Which browser are you using and which test are you running. Also are you rebooting between running each test. Finally, when/if you receive a prompt from CFP, do you allow or deny?

Im using IE 6. Test 1 from the Comodo test suite. Yes, Im rebooting between each test.
I never receive a prompt from CFP, it goes straight to the failed test page.

Just to be extra safe, was your CFP 2.4 version 2.4.18.184 downloaded from the official site Free Firewall - Download the Best Firewall Protection and Anti-Virus Scan Software from Comodo ?

As mac pointed out already, always ensure that it’s a clean installation (i.e. no other security software running during this phase to rule out any possible strange conflicts).

Yes, my download was from that site. I was running a-squared Anti-Malware at the time of installation.

My component monitor is on learning, is that suppose to be right?

Learning is fine. In fact, it’s recommended to stay like that for the first few weeks. Check out my FAQ sig link if you want to know more about it:

[b]Component Monitor[/b] https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5396.0.html https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,793.0.html https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,4057.0.html https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6241.0.html https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,7526.0.html

That shouldn’t affect the test. Is the browser open or closed when you run the test?