Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4 "Flora" has been released!

We would like to announce that COMODO Firewall Pro 2.4 is now available for download at http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com.

What’s New in 2.4?

• New! COMODO Firewall brand name has been changed to COMODO Firewall Pro

• New! COMODO Firewall Pro is now available in 13 Languages other than English
    1- Chinese (Traditional)
    2- Chinese (Simplified)
    3- Dutch
    4- French
    5- Greek
    6- Hungarian
    7- Portugese (Brazilian)
    8- Portugese (Continental)
    9- Russian
    10- Spanish (LA)
    11- Spanish (Spain)
    12- Swedish
    13- Turkish

• New! Added an optional system tray icon animation

• Improved! The activation does not require the user to activate the license

• Improved! Self defense : COMODO Firewall now verifies the digital signature of its own applications

• Improved! Application connections breakdown(In/Out traffic with correct traffic amounts)

• Improved! Reduced the false positive rates for the application behavior analysis

• Improved! Removed Non-TCP/UDP connection alerts until version 3.0

• Improved! DHCP stateful analysis : added MAC address verification for the DHCP server

• Fixed! Temporary 100% CPU utilization of Cmdagent.exe

• Fixed! Some incompatibility problems with various applications(SSM, Avast etc.)

• Fixed! Some folders were locked by the firewall causing unmounting problems

• Fixed! Few bugs reported through COMODO Bug Collection system

• Fixed! Few bugs which can cause DoS attacks against the firewall

Some Known Issues

• In some languages, Exporting logs to HTML does not work properly
  • Help files are still in English except for Hungarian, Portuguese, Spanish

Frequently Asked Questions ?

Q1 - I am using an older version of the COMODO Firewall, do I have to uninstall the old copy and reinstall this one?
A1 - No. Users of the previous versions of COMODO Firewall, can use the automatic updater to upgrade their copies

Q2 - Can I use Language Add-ons without updating my COMODO Firewall?
A2 - No. You must upgrade your copy to version 2.4 which is the minimal release that supports multiple languages

Q3 - If I use a multilingual version, do I have to download the English version too?
A3 - No. English is the official language of the COMODO Firewall and comes with all the installation packages.

Q4 - How many languages may I install?
A4 - You can install as many languages as available as addons

Q5 - If I update using automatic updater, will my settings be lost?
A5 - No. Unless you choose a clean reinstall, by uninstalling the previous version

:BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC

Yes ! I have installed it with the Dutch translation and no issues so far.

Greetz, Red.

Well done, Comodo team (:CLP)

Note: Q2 and Q4 are duplicates

Man, this thing must be popular… I was getting the update automatically and it died… (:AGY)

Oh well, do hope it fixes a few of the quirky issues I had. As it is now, Comodo is the best available… and I am a sKPF and ZoneAlarm convert!!!

Great to see a product so well maintained… and FREE??? Even better!!! :■■■■

I think the issue with ICMP = Unreachable Type 3 with no code is still present.

The disabled log setting not working is still on my system, although it has improved a bit in this version :slight_smile:

Great work! Comodo.

Thanks!

I’ve installed 2.4, and it’s working great! Thank you Comodo for all the hard work you’ve put in this product… (R)

BTW, I like those little arrows…

(R) Got it installed and the quirky issues I had with iTunes and Winamp appear to be gone. Thanks COMODO. Off to spread the word!

As for the GUI, i think it would be good to hide Language, Updater, Help and About in one button, like Options or something. It’s getting clogged.

And the arrows, well i don’t like them, but it’s Comodo, so i have an option of course!

Overall it seems perfected. The Activity window shows better info. Some things apparently remain to be finished, but i’ll wait patiently for the next release. Congratulations Comodo! The close button is missing. I know next version it will resurface, thx.

One question: Are the logs stored now? Some users think this is a must, so i’m wandering.

I updated at 12:40PM smooth as silk! As a convert from another popular firewall, I am really impressed how simple the update was to do. ;D Apparently shortly after I finished, the Comodo servers were swamped by folks wanting to do their upgrade. That says something about the popularity of this firewall.

:■■■■                                   (B)

Yes, they will not be used often, except for the updater. Thanks for the logs path.
(B)

Yeah it finally here. :BNC What happen to the Beta section? No Beta’s for a while?

Oops its there just not listed as a child board on the forum main page.

It took me an age to download the new version, kept getting error messages ( it kept getting stuck at around the 5% completed mark) but perseverence finally paid off. i, for one, love the little arrow animation :smiley:

Why is called the 'Flora" version by the way? (B)

Yeah the arrow animation rocks!!

See, after all that hard work, it’s the little things that impresses us the most :wink: whoever thought of including the ‘little arrows’ should be given a big cigar and sent home early with a hefty bonus (:CLP)

Yay !! New version :slight_smile: !! :BNC (:CLP)

I’m TRYING to update now … But I got soo ■■■■ close … (98% until error 106/108, whichever one :frowning: …) Ahh well, tried again just now got 52% … Gotta keep trying !! I need more luck :slight_smile: !!

Good job Comodo Group :slight_smile: !! Keep the the MUY EXCELLENTE work :slight_smile: (learning spanish, need a lil’ practice).

Don’t give up, it took me approx 15 attempts till i reached the 100% mark…let us know how you get on.

Ugh, constant Error 108s now. Need to do this … Come on, come on.

I think I’ve tried a more that 15 times now … Maybe I should do a fresh install … Or maybe not, I still have a few hours - :o

YES !! NEW HOPE !! The download got through !! Yayyy !! Now, the moment of truth … Dum-dun. :wink:

To Melih and the crew
All I can say is “Just Brilliant” and thank you
shadha
(R)

I had to export settings before update (there’s no trace of the mentioned automatic procedure to keep previous settings), then imported in v2.4 in the Safe Mode of XP (as some registry keys were in use by Comodo Firewall).
Italian language is still unavailable; how can I do to contribute for a translation?