Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4.11.135 RC1 Released

Can you also send the minidump generated by windows?

Thx,
egemen

I installed it then restarted and no bsod. Everything looked ok but windows froze on my. Hit the reset switch and got back into windows and when I thought most of everything was loaded I got a bsod. Normal message A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer. Just like last it does not list any files. The stop error was Stop: 0x0000007F(0x0000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Here is my minidump.

[attachment deleted by admin]

what sort of software did you have? Can you try to uninstall Daemon Tools or that Alcohol 120 and retry?

Thx,
Egemen

According to the analysis of the memory dump, McAfee Virus scanner and daemon tools(or the companion software using it like alcohol 120%) has known incompatibilities and causing BSODs. The previous version of the BETA had a bug which was causing windows to throw a different bugcheck code. This version does not have this bug at all. The previous bug was not the root cause of this issue but was causing windows to throw a different bugcheck code

After analyzing the memory dumps, we have found that the problem is related to one of the software mentioned above.

So why do I get this crash after I install CFP?

Such issues are hardly reproducable. And they are usually based on very extreme conditions to catch. CFP adds some delay to certain file operations like write/delete etc to check if it is being attacked or not. This delay may trigger the incompatibility bug between the aforementioned 2 software.

Current Workarounds:

We will further analyze and see how we can stop causing triggering an incompatibility.

Please let us know if these workarounds work,

Egemen

The CFP components are not working after i tried to exit and restart it

but,after restart the windows ,the CFP are working?why i cannot exit and restart it again?

i use the previous of the BETAs
system:xp with service pack 2 (en Edition)
antivirus:McAfee enterprise edition 8.5i
mem:512MB

McAfee fixed it, in the home products anyway. That happened when MISS 9 was in beta. There is no more problems with the home software anymore. It was discovered in beta and was fixed for MISS 9. All of that software listed on the page is for businesses not home use. MISS 9 is for home use.

After installing the rc I get this BOSD:

A problem has been found and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF79DE000, 0x00000001, 0x805813B7, 0x00000000)

I hope this helps

Hello,here is the BSOD i get

A problem has been found and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Technical information:

STOP: 0X00000050 (0XF789F000,0X00000001,0X8057FD4E,0X00000000)

I have win xp pro and nod32 like antivirus software

btw,i have uninstalled daemon tools and have no alcohol installation,but the problem persists;only this and latest beta give this BSOD.

In the meanwhile, I searched a couple of websites to find information about this and I found a good website (I think).

http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

There, they mention the stopmessage 0x00000050

Hope this helps

It seems that we both have the same problem. The beta’s all worked fine on this laptop, only the last 2 beta releases caused the problem

G’day,

One small hiccup in RC1 to do with CAVS file submissions.

When uploading a file, in ACTIVITY - CONNECTIONS the data stream for the uploaded files appears under the heading “Bytes IN”. This is despite the file submission servers IP being listed as the destination. “Bytes OUT” figure remained static at 66 bytes.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Ewen :slight_smile:

eggmen - my issue that i had in the last beta (with not being able to click to activate comodo window from systray) has been fixed, thanks. if i have any other troubles with this beta ill post up.

yes and i begin to think that the incompatibility is with antivirus software (mmm i think…)

Maybe, but I use Comodo Antivirus. So if that is true, then comodo antivirus isn’t compatible with the firewall of the same company. Seems a little strange.

lol!

seriously, I haven’t noticed, since I use cpf (all versions, betas and non-betas) any sort of compatibility issue between it and other applications on my system. Although I can easily imagine that it could happen one of these days. But as you said, I doubt cpf would have a compatibility issue with a software provided by the same company. Just a tip: I don’t know if you run PGP on your system, cause I"ve already observed, many times, that PGP conflicts with other security software.That was just an idea…

It would surprise me if Comodo antivirus isn’t compatible with CPF or the other way around.

Maybe a stupid question, but what is PGP?

doesn’t matter, your answer means that you just don’t run it, hence it can’t be the source of your issues with cpf. (well if you want to know, PGP stands for Pretty Good Privacy, a program used for encrypting mails, or files, etc…)

ps. a bit out of topic, but I just noticed that in your signature space: are you using an alpha version
of firefox ?

I actually never heard of it before.

Yes, I’m running an alpha version of firefox. Gran Paradiso 3.0a1

I’ve downloaded it myself a few weeks ago but have NOT installed it on my system. This could be a big
factor of instability on your system. If you really want to test it, I’d advise to install a second instance of xp in dual-boot, and install the alpha from firefox there. Man, this is an alpha version; it could conflict with any other application in your system, and why not cpf. You should uninstall it, delete also all folders that come with it in your doc & set folder (all users AND user’s profile), eventually what’s left under program files, reboot, in case something was left behind (locked by the system) delete it now, and reinstall the stable 2.001 version.

I’m aware that it’s a alpha version. But so far it didn’t conflict with anything. It has been on my system right after the release of 2.0 version. And cpf didn’t conflict with it then. Why should it now? Besides, firefox 2.0 is still installed on my system. But I will try this. Maybe it helps.