Comodo Firewall Not Responding

Been having problems with Comodo Firewall ever since the new version came out, but it is getting annoying and scary now. I cannot trust it to be there anymore. Sometimes it says not responding and then it comes back. Sometimes the widget disappears for no reason. The task master will say it is not responding, but the control panel will say “Comodo Firewall reports it is ON”.

I am about ready to give up on Comodo, which I hate to do. I have been a happy user for many years, but I am feeling insecure and anxious. :-\

I am running Windows 7 Starter. Should I uninstall and reinstall Comodo? I am also using Windows Defender and Kaspersky Antivirus. There was never a problem running all these programs before the new CIS release. I am only using the Firewall portion of CIS, btw.

Thanks for any help.

Too be on the save said I’d try adding them to each others exclusions as I don’t think Defense+ and Windows Defender will play nice with each other an incur a performance hit.

Thank you for this suggestion, however, I have no clue how to do this. I found the place to exclude files and folders on Windows Defender, but I don’t know how to describe Comodo Firewall. I don’t even know where to find the option to exclude on Comodo. :-[

FYI, it’s always a good idea to completely remove, (delete and wipe) older software before installing newer versions. Believe it or not older installs can ‘bleed’ through, so to speak, because the actual files are still there, all that happens when one deletes, (un-installs) software is that it’s entry in the File Allocation Table is removed, leaving the actual data still on the HD. Another thought is that it may be some sort of malware, impeding the process’ of Comodo.

I’d try to uninstall, (making sure all files are actually deleted), defragment, then re-install at the very minimum. Though having a good ‘wiping’ program is an important consideration. If the problem persists, install malwarebytes anti malware, (free version is available) and check for malware. Keep in mind that all Antivirus programs are not created equal, some catch this virus and others catch other virus’. In other words some virus’ are immuned to some antivirus’ if only in the interim.

Good Luck!

SpheresBEE

Thank you very much. I will try your suggestion.