comodo firewall is crap

(:AGY)■■■■, ■■■■, ■■■■, pc hog, shuts its self down, dose not protect

zonealarm the free version is way better then this ■■■■ (:NRD) :-TD

thanx for nothinc had to reformat my pc

Fair enough,you have made your point!!

Goodbye (:WAV)

ps could a mod lock/remove this so we dont end up with…!!

Yeah, and the answer is simple: you don’t like it - you don’t use it. And don’t post silly posts, they are not constructive in any way… (:AGY)

LOL. Zone Alarm free is better. LOL. Too funny.

mmmm… no help asked… idiotic post…

another firewall software company employee I guess…

been using firewall for (wait a minute let me count)… a long time… since version 2 and never had a problem…

i cannot say the same for zonealarm

Guess I must be doing something wrong then ???

zonealarm the free version is way better then this ■■■■ (:NRD) :-TD
Really, I find that hard to believe.
thanx for nothinc had to reformat my pc
There's nothing like constructive criticism and that was nothing like constructive criticism.

bye, bye.

Reformat pc cause of Comodo. I don’t think so. I have never had to reformat my pc due to a faulty program. Reformatting is an easy way out. Figuring out your problem is a better result. I have had the same Windows installation for over 4 years now and I have uninstalled and reinstalled over 100 different programs and never a problem I couldn’t figure out.

Sorry you are too dumb to own a computer. Keep trying with Zone Alarm. Regards to your Trojans.

No whats funny about posts like this. The OE poster never comes back. I use to use ZAP which is a good firewall dont get me wrong but memory usage is ■■■■ from any ZA product. ZAP used 46K when I was using it. Yes I said 46K with the 2 services it runs. Comodo with its 2 services uses only…10K. Now which one would you think is the pc hog. (R)

Freedom has its costs. This is the cost we have to pay by allowing anyone and everyone to post whatever they like with almost no moderation.

We want to do this because this forum is everyone’s voice and we can’t censor that! No regrets, whether we are allowing competitors to have pathetic attempts or someone else for whom things didn’t work out…so be it… I rather if all voices are heard!

Melih

I guess the Comodo Forums is one of the few security forums where you’re allowed to express your opinion without getting banned.
If I would write "ZA is the worst sht ever it just sucks" on their forums (which looks like some old sht from the 90s in my opinion), I would probably be IP-banned for that, or for writing what I think about the forum design.

And like Vettetech said, reformatting is just the final solution. I’ve had my PC running without reformatting for over 1 year now, and I do lots of stuff on the computer that might render it unbootable.

If you think that CFP is a resource hog (or PC hog as you expressed it), you haven’t tried ZoneAlarm. I used ZoneAlarm Pro (cracked) before, and it took around 3 minutes for my computer to boot! With CFP I don’t notice any difference. Of course, on a modern PC (with at least 1 GB RAM) you won’t notice the difference, but with 256 MB RAM you will.
I haven’t used ZoneAlarm for a very long time, but last time I used it, it always ended with the software causing a BSoD, and even after uninstalling, I still encountered BSoD’s. After several attempts to fix it, I had enough and searched for a better alternative, which I later found.

You say that ZoneAlarm Free offers better protection that CFP, but then once again, you’re wrong. ZoneAlarm Free is just like adding program control to the built-in Windows Firewall. It’s still sh*t, but at least it does something good. I don’t have anything against ZoneAlarm, but the free version is one of the worst firewalls available today. ZoneAlarm Pro is pretty okay.

I’m normally a nice little boy, but idiots like you that just write negative feedback for fun and then doesn’t even bother to read the answers, makes me pretty upset.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Product	                                         Product score	          Level reached	        Protection level

Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.19.318FREE 98% 10 Excellent

ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.462.000 74% 10 Good’

Source: http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php Thus meaning your comment of zone alarm being better is 100% false.

Also 98% to me isn’t ■■■■ (:WIN)

Again thats outbound protection Zone Alarm is solid in every other aspect. Lets be fair, however Zone Alarm free is NOT superior to CFP because CFP is a full firewall module thats free.

On the contrary! – it’s raining down with negative opinions, and this just proves to me that you have the best product! - My competitors adopt similar attitudes sometimes.
Other people have a weird sense of quality - I bet they are not happy about alot of other things in their life, not only software.
Melih is the same gentlemen that we all know, but I don’t have to be, and reminding an old misogynistic (sorry) joke, I’ll share it with you:

There were three men drinking in a bar: a doctor, an attorney, and a biker. As the doctor was drinking his white wine he said “For Valentine’s Day I’m going to buy my wife a fur coat and a diamond ring. This way if she doesn’t like the fur coat she will still love me because she got a diamond ring.”
As the attorney was drinking his martini he said “For Valentine’s Day I’m going to buy my wife a designer dress and a gold bracelet. This way if she doesn’t like the dress she will still love me because she got the gold bracelet.”
As the biker was drinking his shots of whiskey he said “For Valentine’s Day I’m going to buy my wife a T-shirt and a vibrator. This way if she doesn’t like the T-shirt she can go f88k herself!”

some mods please remove these treads where they’re complaining about the icon colors.

I was just gonna post that Goose. You beat me to the punch. Hey Ragwing. About a year ago I turned on my pc just to sit there and watch the Kinight Rider XP blue loading screen loop over and over. Windows would not load.I went into safe mode and I could get into Windows. Then I did a system restore from the other day and that didn’t work either. Still looped at the Welcome Screen. I tried everything I knew possible. Nothing worked. I was almost tempted to reformat but I have so many programs and games I would loose. It takes me weeks to get my pc back to where it was. So I started breaking things down. I booted with another video card. Same thing. I booted with every USB divce unplugged. Same thing. Then I unplugged my SoundBlaster Audigy Card and that worked. Turns out Windows lost my drivers some how which was making it loop. Whats my point? Spend time trying to figure out whats going on rather then throwing your arms up in there air and saying “f___k it”. I am installing ZA. Your right about ZA forums. They do not alllow negativity nor does Online Armor. All negative posts are removed or edited.

I was in no way insulting Zone Alarm because i have used it waaaaaaaaaaay in the past and i did like it. I’m just saying that now Comodo is truly better. :slight_smile:

Zone Alarm Pro is a good firewall and I actually like it. Zone Alarm Free is ■■■■ and no better then Windows Firewall.

Oh. I like to evenly match, and give credit where credit is due, I think that COMODO and Zone Alarm aren’t better or worse then each other, but it depends how you look at it. Ill give credit to COMODO’s outbound protection, hands down the best. However I like Zone Alarm’s settings and inbound protection. Its all preference, and I like to try and keep things fair. :slight_smile:

Unless were talking about complete ■■■■ like norton, I shall not stand for that. :BNC

EDIT<

Yes I agree with you Vettetech.

And that is the great thing about Comodo they aren’t even like their competitors they offer a 100% FREE firewall a actual firewall not a watered down piece of ■■■■ firewall. They give you a true free firewall that is well worth paying for. (B)

Know whats funny about all this. Zone Alarm Pro cost $40 and its not all that good when doing leak tests. Comodo is free and is the best at leak tests. Hence…if I spent $40 on ZAP and saw the latest Matousec results then I would be ■■■■■■ and demand a refund. Pretty sad when a completely free product beats the pants off a $40 product.