Comodo firewall interfering with webpage rendering or loading

I’m not sure if this has been covered or not. After hearing all sorts of wonderful things about Comodo’s firewall, I thought I’d give it a try. I installed it and left everything on default and after going through the motions of allowing all my programs network access, I was reasonably happy with it.

Around the same time, I noticed that some websites were either not loading at all or they were loading but just looked completely ■■■■■■■ up. At first, I thought it was an issue with my ISP or MODEM. It wasn’t until I decided to temporarily switch back to my original firewall, that I found out it was Comodo’s firewall that was causing all the problems. Now I don’t know if there were any settings that I needed to change, but every other software firewall I have used in the past has never done this. In the mean time I think I might uninstall.

Hi ilikedonuts

Are you running Avast? This sounds a bit like the issue that some users had with CFP & Avast’s Web Shield… although I did believe it was fixed.

Ensure that other firewalls including the Windows one are completely uninstalled as well as other programs temporarily disabled during CFP’s installation (Safe Mode is the easiest way).

No, I don’t have Avast, just the McAfee suite. And I probably should have uninstalled that firewall before installing the Comodo one, but I only intended to try it out, so I just disabled it. Turns out, I was right. Still, it’s weird that the Comodo firewall can interfere with page rendering :THNK

ilikedonuts

I believe the problem lies elsewhere, as CFP does not contain any kind of web filter and therefore cannot affect page rendering.

Also, installing two firewalls simultaneously is asking for trouble, even if one is disabled. To test CFP properly, totally un-install your McAfee suite and then install CFP.

Toggie