Comodo Firewall install [Resolved]

Well I had the same problem allot of people here are having updating from the old version to the new version. So I figured I just download the new version and do a straight install that way. Well it uninstalled the old version at least it said it did. During the restart it hung so I had to push the reset button which i hate doing that but oh well. Restarted the PC and the program did not continue like I thought it would. So I double clicked on the installer and now I get this error message.

http://home.comcast.net/~mustanggt87/Pictures/ScreenShot009.jpg

Now I looked in uninstall and could find no mention of Comodo. I am using this program here to install ‘CFP_Setup_English_2.4.16.174.exe’. Is there a newer version? And any ideas on how to fix this dilemma that I got my self into?

Thank You

Maybe try installing the old version again then (after boot) uninstall - to clear the previous installer.
Or try a system restore to a date before the problem.

Someone else maybe able to help you clear out problems in windows registry, but thats bit more complicated. I used system restore a while back with a similar problem which fixed it.

(:CLP)

Well I have never used System Restore before and if anything I have heard plenty of horror stories about using it. Well I restored the system to yesterday and restarted it and everything is back to normal again. Now I just have to be patient and let the built in updater do its job.

Thank You.
:■■■■

Have you clicked the Updater button yet, rather than wait for the auto update?

If it doesnt work, then uninstall the firewall with its own uninstaller in Add/Remove programs, rather than using the new version to remove it. Reboot and install the new version from the setup file.

System restore is great, if a recent restore point is available, although I have used ones a month old without loosing anything.

(R)

Yep it is fully updated and ready to go. It took quite awhile but it is done now.

(B)