COMODO Firewall install error code 1603.

Hiyah, as topic i just re-installed OS on my machine however every time i try to install COMODO firewall (free) i get the error code 1603 at the end of the installation 99%
I have no idea what to do, checked others and tried to remove everything with CIS involved with my machine with the admin tools to be sure that everything is removed. However i still get the same problem.

my info

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 Processor Count: 4 RAM: 8162 Mb Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, 1280 Mb Hard Drives: C: Total - 85754 MB, Free - 47489 MB; D: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 412783 MB; Motherboard: MSI, P67A-G45 (MS-7673) Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

Does this also happen when installing the latest version v 8.1.0.4426? There is a fix for this error in the installer.

Still doesn’t work, tried with the Firewall installation.

See what happens when you start the msi installer from the ProgramData folder: c:\ProgramData\Comodo Downloader.….….…\ . Does that work?

C:\ProgramData\Comodo Downloader\cis\download\installs\xml_binaries\cis\cis_setup_x64.msi
It’s the CIS, i just want the firewall install :confused:

Hi BeNaX,
You can select customize installation and leave just the FW checked.
CIS Premium – Installation-Comodo Help

If you have already installed both the AV and FW see the instructions in the link below, leave just the FW checked in step 3.
Switch Between Complete CIS Suite and Individual Components (just AV or FW)-Comodo Help

Kind regards.

It still not working, same problem.
NOTE: Something i noticed is that even if im trying to install to my normal place at the C: drive it puts the install in a “C:\VTRoot” folder, anyone knows why? Does this have something to do with bitlocker? I’m only using it on my Hardrive D: (second hardrive)

A mí me pasa el mismo problema que a ti a ver si nos dan una solución lo antes posible, gracias.

I assume there must be a similar folder for the firewall installation. That was the direction I was trying to send you. I should have made that more clear.

VTRoot is where the visualized sandbox stores the files it handles. It is unrelated to Bitlocker.

Error code 1603 is caused by the MSI installer engine and can be triggered by many causes.

there is a good article on this error at http://www.msigeek.com/715/how-to-troubleshoot-the-error-1603-fatal-error-during-installation.

In this article, step 5 (about the MSI Cleanup Utility) generally needs to be run whenever this error code appears.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Still doesn’t work. Still need help. It’s not just me who got this problem.

Doest the following solution help you:

So i need to change my time zone and keyboard to US to get it working? Is this only during installation or do i have the US as long as i have the comodo firewall? God, you guys should just fix this error as it’s on your end.

Still doesn’t work tried to change the System Locale.

I still need help with this… Anyone that can help ?