Comodo Firewall guard32.dll causing OneDrive to crash

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue) Comodo Firewall guard32.dll causing OneDrive to crash.
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: Yes, about 50% of the time.
?
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened: Make change to Quicken .qdf data file. When uploading, Onedrive crashes after transferring about 90% of a 50MB file.
1:?
2:?
3:?
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened: When uploading changed file to Onedrive site, Onedrive application crashes with the following entry in the Windows Application log.
Faulting application name: OneDrive.exe, version: 17.3.5860.512, time stamp: 0x5551aba7
Faulting module name: guard32.dll, version: 8.2.0.4591, time stamp: 0x55719f03
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000475f
Faulting process id: 0x1960
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0a7d75d6bcd39
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Jamie and Kurt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\guard32.dll
Report Id: ab054181-13ca-11e5-8c6b-001d09a0a11a
?
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
?
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?: Tried reinstalling and reconfiguring all applications.
?
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: Onedrive v2013 Build 17.3.5860.0512. Problem also occurred on previous versions of Onedrive.
?
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:Have read about disabling guard32.dll in prior versions of Comodo Firewall, but don’t see how to do so in current version (v8.2.0.4591)
?

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration: v8.2.0.4591. ?
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:Firewall - Custom Ruleset. Auto Sandbox - Enabled. HIPS - Disabled. VirusScope - Enabled. Onedrive Application is “Allowed Application” in Firewall Rules.
?
Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):No.

?
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:No.
?
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
?
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:No.
?
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
?
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:Win7SP1, 64bit, UAC - Always Notify, Standard User.
?
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system: None.
a=? b=?

C. ATTACH REQUIRED FILES (delete this section (section C) after attaching required files)
Always attach the diagnostics file (instructions on how to do this provided here) and the KillSwitch Process List (instructions on how to do that provided here) and put the resulting file in a zip file. Both should then be attached to your post.
Note that additional information may be requested by the processing Moderator.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Uninstalling Comodo Firewall or using a PC without Comodo Firewall will correct the problem.
Now Comodo needs to fix the guard32.dll file.

A different bug relating to guard32.dll/guard64.dll is being looked at

In the mean time you can add onedrive.exe to the exclusions by going to HIPS settings > Detect Shellcode Injections > Exclusions

Is this workaround valid even if HIPS is not Enabled?

I added the Onedrive.exe file to the Detect Shellcode Injections exclusions list and it still crashes Onedrive. The workaround does not work.
Any other suggestions. Is there anyway to disable guard32.dll without turning off security entirely?

After adding onedrive to the exclusions did you exit onedrive and re-launch the application? If not exit onedrive completely and it doesn’t matter if HIPS is enabled or not, any file in the exclusion list will not have guard32/64.dll injected into it. But the option detect shellcode injections must be enabled for the exclusions to take affect. I am not getting crashes whenever I upload files to my onedrive account with the application even without having an exclusion set for onedrive.exe. But I only uploaded a zip folder and a normal folder that contain two executables inside. I’ll try uploading documents and see if I can get it to crash.

I have the exact same problem except with Google Photo backup on Windows 8.1. guard32.dll crashing the applicaton.

One User more, i have the same with the hubic sync tool.
my solution: i rename the guard64.dll to guard64.bak, th hubic tool works fine.
But the Comodo Update reinstall the guard64.ddl
I only use Firewall, no Defense, no Sandbox,.

@futuretech.
After I restarted the Onedrive application, I have not had any issues since adding Onedrive.exe to the Exclusion List. The workaround is successful. Thank you very much.

@binaryman, your report is not complete. Please edit your report with required information.

Thank you.

Since the OP has not provided all the required information i will move this to resolved. Please feel free to add the rest of the required information and we can continue processing your bug report.

Thanks