Comodo firewall gives me an error pop up on startup

I have a problem with comodo firewall, after i installed it and rebooted my pc, this pop up appeared
http://i53.tinypic.com/qq8fvd.jpg

It keeps appearing every time I start my pc and also when I try to start comodo firewall.

Whn I checked windows security center it says that comodo firewall is turned on ???

Help please!

hey and warm welcome to comodo forums!

Could you tell us what OS you have, what did you have before, and what other security application do you have.

You will find the mini dump here %AllUsersProfile%\Comodo\CISDumps and in order to get there Start ->_ run → %AllUsersProfile%\Comodo\CISDumps.

Regards,
Valentin N

I’m using windows xp sp3, along with avira antivir free anti virus.

I installed comodo firewall first and it worked but then it kept giving me a pop up saying some protocol error(i’m not sure don’t remember) so I uninstalled and when I re installed it , i got this error.

Before you follow the instructions please attach the crash file.

try to reinstall by uninstalling CIS, run CIS clean up tool in safe mode as admin and install it again as admin.

Thanks

Regards,
Valentin N

Will do, I used Cis clean up tool but not in safe mode, will try and report back, I also attached the crash file.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

I thank you for attaching the crash file. could you provide a screen shots of your firewall and d+ logs?

Thanks

Regards,
Valentin N

I’m sorry, what do you mean by d+ logs?
I can’t attach a screen shot of the firewall cause it starts, the start screen comes, the red rectangular box and the next thing that comes up is the error file which I had attached in the beginning of the thread.

I mean CIS → defense+ → view defense+ events. I want to see if Avira may be the cause; some comodo users have had problems with Avira.

Regards,
Valentin N

I can’t start COMODO, so I don’t know how to attach those d+ logs, I’m using my pc for some work right now, after I’m done, I’ll uninstall and do what you said and report back, thanks!

It didn’t work, I tried all what you said, booted in safe mode and all still the same problem! :frowning:

HELP!!!

HELP!

I will ask someone if he can look at your crash report and come back to you

Thanks man!

When uninstalling and reinstalling does not help then we take another angle.

Best thing to do to make sure that there are no left overs of previously uninstalled security programs around. Not all uninstallers do a proper job. Left over applications, drivers or services can cause all sort of “interesting effects”.

Following are two of my tutorials to make sure there are no more left overs.

Use existing removal tools

Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.

I followed your instructions, then installed comodo firewall again and the same pop up appeared again. :frowning:

Can you temporarily disable or uninstall Avira to see if that plays a role in the crashing?

Are you sure Windows Defender is not running in the background? Can you check?

I unistalled Avira, then installed comodo once again, same problem.
Windows defender isn’t installed on my pc.

how did you install the firewall? try to make clean reinstallation but as admin.

I did a clean installation, installed as admin too, still the pop up appears.

I would say this suffices for a bug report.

Please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

I did fill out a bug report.
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/comodo-firewall-gives-me-an-error-popup-on-start-up-t71416.0.html

Thanks for your help EricJH and ValentinN.