Comodo Firewall Free Version; Product Update(s)

??? I am currently running Comodo Firewall free version 5.0.31556.1134. When I do a check for update the response is that I am up-to-date. However, when I visit the Comodo website (Firewall Download | Best Firewall Security software for Windows) I am seeing that a newer version of 5.0.32580.1142 is available. I tried to install over-top of the installed version but get a “compatibility” issue response and could not continue. So first … what is the latest version of Comodo firewall free? Next, can I install the new version without having to uninstall the previous version? I have some modifications that I will lose if I have to uninstall the version installed on my computer. Please advise soonest and thanks.

.1134 is the latst version if you have done a clean install. .1142 is the latest version if you have upgraded from a previous version. In essence, they are the same thing.

Confusing? Yes.
Sensible? Not so much.

If you have .1134 installed, you’re good to go.

I think that last version installs the Comodo Secure DNS automatically, instead of asking you – that’s the only difference.

:frowning: So, with regards to the v5.0.32580.1142, I guess I will need to perform a clean install if I understand the responses correctly. I have already downloaded “1142” but could not install it on top of “1134”. I will check the “release notes” again for “1142”. I surely dislike a clean install because that means I will lose all my settings for “1134”. :-[ Anyway, thanks for the replies thus far. :-TU

yeah, if you have .1134 installed then technically you have the latest version.
no worries — until CIS-6 is released.
8)

Hi, I have the same problem. Please reply or check my version, but i REALLY doubt I have the lastest version.
my version for windows 7 64bit is : 5.0.163652.1142
and the latest version is 5.3.174622.1216, (29 December, 2010)

it says that I'm up to date, but I'm probably [b]months[/b] old.

I hope I’m wrong, cause God knows how to fix that, or why it happened.
Plz reply soon

The Update has not been yet released
It should be released sometime this up-coming week

Jake

So there is the standalone but not the update?
Ok for me, but are you sure I’m only one update behind??
I supposed I missed the 5.1, 5.2, and the latest 5.3 main versions

there was no public 5.1 or 5.2. They were internal only. The jump happened from 5.0 to 5.3

If you want to keep all your setting / rules then just wait for the update.

ok, thank you people. O0 :-TU