Comodo Firewall Downloads!

HI All,First post on this forum, so I don’t know if this point has been covered yet.Just on cnet download com and the only Comodo Firewall version available that I could find was 2.1 and nothing on 2.3.What’s the go?
Wile E. Coyote.

Can we help it if Comdo gets better quicker than c|net can update? LOL

The latest release is V2.3.5.62 and can be downloaded from http://personalfirewall.comodo.com. I would stronlgy recommend that you download the latest version as it contains numerous fixes and improvements.

hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks Panic for the quick reply. Everywhere I surf in the security web pages, Comodo has had great reviews. Both in tests and user reviews and the general vibes I get is that this is one hell of a brilliant firewall. I will download and install shortly. Being a newbie on PC’s,I didn’t want to jump in at the deep end without checking the product out carefully. I am running Windows XP SP2 with it’s inbuilt ONE WAY firewall.
1 Will Windows recognise Comodo?
2 I presume I would have to turn off the Windows Security firewall.
3 For safety would it be best to unplug the DSL modem during installation so I don’t run the risk of unwelcome visitors?
Cheers Doug.
Sydney.

Hi Wile E. Coyote.

Windows should definately recognize comodo.

It’s never good to run 2 firewalls at the same time so yes, you are correct. However, CPF will disable this for you.

You have (according to standards) 16 minutes before you are “considered” hacked. I wouldn’t worry though, just install normally, restart , you’ll be fine. :wink:

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks comicfan2000 and Panic for your advice.You have made me feel a lot better, as those couple of issues were concerning me.
Thanks Again.
Doug.

Not a problem. Glad to help. :wink:

Paul