Comodo Firewall Doesn't filter WireGuard VPN tunneling

I tried your suggestion on 2 PCs with mixed and confusing results. A new laptop with updated Windows 10, switched vpn to openvpn protocol. Short term testing seems to show consistant behavior so far. At the notification area bottom right, it shows “Ethernet 2” as having internet access and my wifi connection as having no internet accesss. Internet seems to work as it should.

Now on the older PC with a little older version of Win 10, the notification area shows no internet access for either, with that little globe-like symbol even though I CAN connect to the internet and there does not seem to be any IP or DNS leakage. I’m wondering what it is that does the actual reporting to the notification area. Windows firewall, another Windows module?

With openvpn, my vpn is using it’s older tap adapter instead of the newer tun adapter which I suppose is the reason for the recommendation. Let’s hope Comodo can support these other protocols soon as vpn is becoming more of a neccessity as time marches on.

Sounds like you have a similar setup to mine at this location. Network Adapter settings show Ethernet and an Ethernet 2. My current VPN is Mullvad (SurfShark also installed) and right now I have the Internet is connected through Mullvad 5 and my Wifi name. The Internet access changes with the weather it seems, although I rarely have the Globe showing. Sometimes none shown; sometimes 2 or 3, but the access is always there

I suspect Windows gets slightly confused with its reporting somewhere

Hi Benedict,

Thank you for providing the requested information, we will check and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

So, running with OpenVPN protocol for the last week and a half or so the network and sharing center in control panel shows both my wifi and ethernet 2. The notification area has been consistantly showing the globe and no internet access for either wifi or ethernet (the latter is displaying as unidentified network). And same as you, access is actually there.

Strangely because I turned Windows notifications on again (don’t remember turning them off) Windows is bugging me about problems with my Windows account again (haven’t seen that in a while, now I know why). Probably because I’m not signed into my MS account? I decided to click on it and it told me I wasn’t connected to the internet. So whatever software module it was using could not detect an internet connection.

Comodo Firewall does not detect Wireguard VPN connections (NordVPN-Nordlynx) and does not filter applications.

Sorry, already commented on https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/comodo-firewall-doesnt-filter-wireguard-vpn-tunneling-t125852.0.html

Hi cesccerdanya,

Thank you for reporting, we are aware that some VPN application with CIS doesn’t filter application.
The team is working on it, we will keep you posted regarding this issue.
Also, kindly provide us exactly what you did and what happened ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Merged with existing topic.

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT,
Do you have an update on this? Also, does the enterprise or business version of CIS filter tun adapters used by VPNs? I am looking at other options now and have little problem paying if there is enough value added.

This topic is two years old. Does Comodo have a solution yet?