comodo firewall does not recognize hostnames in rules?

Thank you for trying to help me, maybe you know someone from COMODO staff that creating this program :wink: I think, itā€™s only way to know whatā€™s going onā€¦

Iā€™m using the same settings you advised me:

• General Settings: Custom Policy
  • Alert Setting/Alert Frequency Level: Very High

Today I reverted to CIS version 5.0 for a few hours and it works like a charm (rules ASK, I mean), even with lower alert settings. I remember, it was maybe a year ago as CIS v 5.3 was released and rule ā€˜ASKā€™ were working no more since then. I just switched ā€˜cfp.exeā€™ from version 5.0 to folder with installed CIS 5.3 and it worked, rule ASK as well as too (now I try do that again but thatā€™s make Comodo error this time) so Iā€™m absolutely sure that cfp.exeā€™ should be rewritten, itā€™s just faulty.

Believe me that I spend a hundred hours during last months to know better how Comodo works, and Iā€™m sure for 100% that it is a bug, if Iā€™m wrong show me a person that can find a way for those rules to work. I wonder, why those rules worked till version CIS 5.0? Firewall should response to fundamental rules, and Comodo just cannot fix that, hmmm.

Today I reverted to CIS version 5.0 for a few hours and it works like a charm (rules ASK, I mean), even with lower alert settings. I remember, it was maybe a year ago as CIS v 5.3 was released and rule 'ASK' were working no more since then. I just switched 'cfp.exe' from version 5.0 to folder with installed CIS 5.3 and it worked, rule ASK as well as too (now I try do that again but that's make Comodo error this time) so I'm absolutely sure that cfp.exe' should be rewritten, it's just faulty.

Youā€™re quite right, version 5 was indeed the last version to support this capability. So I apologise for thinking otherwise. As far as I can see, this is a bug - If itā€™s a design decision, itā€™s pretty dumb - and should be reported Just make sure you complete the report form

Written rules should allways stay on top of other actions.
Indeed.
Nice catch.

Thanks to all for assistance, I really appreciate your effort. I know, I should report to COMODO tech that issue with firewall rules, but, itā€™s too much for my poor knowledge of English, so I just give up. I can read in English quite well, but talking or writing in that language is nearly ā€˜mission impossibleā€™ to meā€¦
Maybe someone of you will talk to Melih about it?!

I must admit that Iā€™m astonished that no one seen that hole in CIS firewall and wonder how much more such things exist in that top firewalll if not the best of all?
It seems that COMODO tech are not so brainy as I had hope. Maybe I sound a bit rude and/or frustrated but Iā€™m very disappointed. I want to have a reliable firewall I can depend on and Iā€™m ready to pay good money for that.

Curious thing, that even Matousek donā€™t see that, so his enhanced tests are for what??? They are useless in real life. They are artificial, unworldly.

Things like, low question settings which would allow ingoing traffic if you answered a question for outgoing (as just one question is asked), have disturbed me allready. But its a setting which you can change.

Your report shows, a change is ā€œignoredā€ under circumstances. Logical expectable circumstances! (Answering an ā€œask ruleā€ question with ā€œyesā€).
I guess, it slipped through, while trying to achieve userfriendlyness. These attempts are two sided coins :wink:

I am not good in official bug format reports too.

Dont get bad feelings about comodo firewall.
From time to time i got chances to use commercial products for free. I allways returned to comodo firewall, or even didnt use some of them for a try.
I wanted to ask you a question about another firewall for example, but its too complicated allready to describe the look of the ā€œrules windowā€, before i could describe the totally complicated way to make an overview for yourself about what program got what rules with that firewall :smiley:
Comodo has a lot of pros, and sometimes it needs open eyes to find and fix the few contras.

If I get a chance, Iā€™ll file a bug report later today.

Is there a link to download either CIS 5.0 or Firewall 5.0?

You can try FileHippo they used to have all the old versions, but now I think people are being ā€˜forcedā€™ to use the latest version. Other than that, youā€™ll have to search, some of the software portals will still have it.