Comodo Firewall/Defense + and Vipre Antivirus

I’m searching for a good anti-virus for my Windows 7 laptop. Nosing around, I keep coming across compatibility issues with Defense + and Vipre Antivirus, the one I have my eyes on.

What can be done about this? I don’t want to lose Comodo if I download Vipre. Would simply turning Defense + off prevent problems? Can Defense + be deleted without losing or effecting Firewall?

Or is this even an issue anymore, as bug fixes may have figure things out?

Are there any other compatibility issues with other antiviruses I should be aware of?

check out my reviews to see how a av does in the real world, vipre is tested too. as you will see, the days of a AV engine has passed. https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/languy99s_video_reviews-t46017.0.html

Hi wooddevil,

Can you please be more specific about those incompatibilities?
As far as I know (not for win 7 though) they can coexist.
By “they” I mean Defense+ and Vipre’s Behavioral Blocker.
The only thing you have to do is to create mutual exclusion rules IF you have conflicts indeed.

Therefore was my questions.
Have you tried the combination?
What precisely doesn’t work?

I don't want to lose Comodo if I download Vipre. Would simply turning Defense + off prevent problems? Can Defense + be deleted without losing or effecting Firewall?

You definitely can try Vipre’s AV.
Just don’t install Comodo’s AV or set it as on-demand only if you know how do that
I would not suggest disabling Defense+ (it cannot be “deleted” as you wrote)
That is highly unrecommended (my opinion) to disable it since you will loose some Comodo’s Firewall strength.

Behavioral Blockers (BB) are working differently to HIPS. I prefer to have additional BB and Mamutu works perfectly here in conjunction with Defense+

I would rather find another BB than dismiss Comodo’s Defense+

As far I understand that was your main question Defense+ HIPS and Vipre’s BB rather than question about pure AV (correct me if I’m wrong)

As for Vipre’s AV efficiency itself unfortunately I cannot tell because I have not seen Sunbelt Software in the latest October MRG test , for example (I haven’t seen it in previous tests as well)

languy99 is doing great job with his reviews the link & the List he provided is huge :slight_smile:

The Vipre review in particular is here

My regards

Thanks for the replies.

SL, yes, the new Toshiba laptop I have runs on Windows 7. So might the two - Comodo and Vipre - have problems?

I want to give it a shot, but being a paid subscription (Vipre), I just don’t want to run into problems and have to delete one of the other, and possibly have to seek a refund for compatibility issues.

Why are you worried about the cost and a refund ?

You get 15 days free trial according to http://www.vipreantivirus.com/Antivirus-Trial/

Alan