I’m on a Win7 laptop with the latest Comodo. I could not access my WinXP machine on the same network. Other computers could access it fine.
I simply disabled the comodo firewall (left the Windows Firewall running) and it worked.
I also made a workaround by creating a custom Network Policy inspired by https://forums.comodo.com/help-for-v2/how-to-enable-file-and-printer-sharing-t10127.0.html
I believe this should not be necessary (hence I am filling this as a bug), but in case anyone needs it:
- Try disabling 3rd party firewalls and enabling windows firewall.
- Disabling Comodo worked for a Win7 problem.
- If this works, add a security policy to your firewall:
- allow traffic across my local network for specific ports 137,138,139 and 445.
- In Comodo:
- Open Comodo → Firewall → Network Security Policy
- Add a port set of “Windows File Sharing” with ports 137-139 and 445.
- Add a Network Zone of “Local Network at Work” with range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255.
- In predefined Policies for Web Browser, add “Enable Windows File Sharing in Local Network” 1
- 1: All TCP and UDP, In and Out, Both Addresses of “Local …”, Source Port Any, Destination
Port set “Windows File Sharing”.
- 2: All TCP and UDP, In and Out, Both Addresses of “Local …”, Source Port set "Windows
File Sharing", Destination Port Any.
- Comodo firewall + Windows Firewall is fine.