Comodo Firewall and Webroot Spy Sweeper still not playing well together?

dear all,

I am still on V. 2.4.19.185 and contemplating upgrading to 3. I had upgraded to 3 when it was first released; it slowed my system to a crawl, so I rolled back my system to the disk image I made before upgrading.

I have XP SP2, fully patched, AVG 7.5, Web Sweeper 5.5.7 (build 124).

I notice that the last reference on the forum to problems with SS dates back to the beginning of the year. Does that mean that the problem has been resolved?

shn

(p.s. :: I do not have scan email attachments enabled in SS)

SS is really what slows your system down. Check your memory usage and I bet its high. I use Comodo 3.0 and Avira Premium and no slow downs at all. You may get some slow downs at first while D+ is learning but give it a week and it will be fine.

Many thanks for the quick response.

SS only uses 8.5 MB memory, and my system, now, is not slow. When I said it slowed to a crawl when I updated to CPF 3, I was being charitable. The system became so unresponsive, it was unusable. That is why I rolled back the image. There is no question of ‘working’ with it for a week – no work would be accomplished.

shn

Any firewall I have ever used takes about a week till all the pop ups disappear. Comodo 3.0 should not slow your system down at all. SS with its 2 services last time I used it was using around 40K of memory.

A learning period is one thing (and one which I have no quarrel with). I would just like to know if the issue of turning a machine almost completely unresponsive which I experienced when I first upgraded and which other support posts seemed to indicate as being still current (as of January) has in fact been resolved.

So, does Firewall with Defense+ co-exist with SS, or do I select Firewall with Leak Protection?

TIA for your clarifications/assistance!!

shn

I see no reason to not use Comodo with SS. Comodo 3.0 has come along way since you used it last.

Thanks for the assurance that Defense+ lives comfortably with SS!

Oh Joy! Oh Rapture! I now have the anticipated joy of doing a firewall upgrade this weekend

Have a great weekend…

shn

If D+ gives you any problems then simply put D+ in training mode. Also keep in mind that your first boot might be slow cause Comodo is learning but by a second or third boot up everything should be good to go.