Comodo Firewall and IE8

Good evening,

Is the new version of Internet Explorer (IE8) compatible with the Comodo Firewall?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Great question.
I just installed IE 8.0 and have experienced a general slowing of the system. CIS and BOClean consume an excessive amount of resources during boot as well as when I start IE 8.0.
So does IE 8.0.
No finger pointing just the facts sir.

Evening,

My name is Jacob Kilgore,
I’m one of the Moderators here at Comodo Forums
I would like to try to answer your question,

I have tested IE8 and it is compatible with CIS/CPF

All Programs Should be compatible, It’s the Operating System That might or might not be Compatible

Did this help?

- Jacob Kilgore
C-O-M-O-D-O Forum Moderator

Hi Jacob and Share666,

I appreciate your replies.

I am currently using IE7 and Comodo firewall and the two play well together.

I am just trying to make certain, as much as that would be possible, before I take the plunge and go with IE8 that the two will work well with each other.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Hello 2harts4ever

It is possible, you can go with IE8
You shouldn’t have any problems with CIS/CFP

You Are Most Welcome

- Jacob Kilgore
C-O-M-O-D-O Forum Moderator

I don’t disagree that the issue might be the OS.
All I know is that CIS worked fine with IE 8.0 RC1.
The responsiveness of my system has been affected after I installed the production version of IE 8.0.

If someone knows of a site that I could go to regarding this I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

I found Internet access slightly faster with IE8 (using CIS 3.8.xxx.477).

John,

Your sharing your experience is appreciated too.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

I’ve been running IE8 since a couple of days ago with 3.8.659.51.477 and notice everything running fine.

Me too. Everything seems OK, BUT…

CF proactive defence shows that explorer.exe tries to terminate process cfpupdat.exe

Can anyone verify this?

I resolved my issue by removing Spybot and Spyware Blaster.
I undid all the entries the programs made in the registry to block all the websites.
Things are running just fine again.

Jacob,

My experience has been otherwise. I have Windos XP Pro+SP3+IE8. IE8 was always shutting down, with multiple error messages. One of them was Comodo firewall.
I recently clean installed the OS. Again, when I started the Comodo firewall set up, the set up itself reported error. The message was-Set up has encountered a problem and need to close… Needles to say I was shocked. The only other software installed other than the OS, was Spyware Doctor with Antivirus. I dont know for sure whether Comodo has any issues with it.

Best Regards

It never hurts to try to uninstall Spyware Doctor to see if there is a conflict or not.