Comodo firewall and Foxit Reader

Hi !

I have been using Comodo Firewall for several years without problems. Today, I installed the latest version of Foxit PDF Reader on my computer. I can’t get Comodo to recognize the program. Every time I launch Foxit Reader, it ask me to validate the program. I checked the Illimited Rights option with the “Remember my response” box. I tried also to manually permit the the access by selecting the program.

I am running Windows XP Professionnal version 2002 with the Service Pack 3. The version of Comodo is the latest 7.0.317799.4142. The version of Foxit Reader is 7.0.3.916.

Any idea anyone ?

UPDATE 13h59 EST

I finally solved the problem by going into “Automatic Sandbox” and temporarily disabling the second check box “Detect programs requiring rights elevation”.

UPDATE 14h36 EST

The problem came back so I went back in “Automatic Sandbox”, checked “Add exceptions” and added FoxitReader.exe, FoxitUpdater.exe and SendCrashReport.exe to the list.

Claude Moreau

I am also having the same problem. Comodo does not allow submission of the .exe file either because it says it is too large.

I have FoxitReader.exe in the Trusted file list, but Comodo insists on also putting it in the Untrusted list. Not sure how it can be in both places, but the Untrusted list appears to take priority, so telling Comodo to trust it does no good.

What happens when you move FoxitReader.exe from Untrusted Files to Trusted Files list?

It shows in both places because they are different versions of the same program. The older version is recognised as trusted and in the Trusted Files. The newest version is not known yet and ends up in Unrecognised Files list.

Regarding your response: What happens when you move FoxitReader.exe from Untrusted Files to Trusted Files list?

It shows in both places because they are different versions of the same program. The older version is recognised as trusted and in the Trusted Files. The newest version is not known yet and ends up in Unrecognised Files list.

This is incorrect. I removed the old version of FoxitReader.exe from the Trusted Files list. Then I told Comodo that FoxitReader.exe (new version) was Trusted. Then I ran FoxitReader.exe, and Comodo flags it as Unknown and puts an entry in the Untrusted Files list, in addition to the entry in the Trusted Files list that is already there.
Therefore, this file is both Trusted and Untrusted, but is treated as Untrusted.
Can you explain this???

Did you try the solution from zerostress?

Yes, I tried the WORKAROUND from zerostress, and it does work. But Comodo still has multiple problems with FoxitReader that need to be addressed.

I fiddled a bit with Foxit and that when I add foxitreader.exe and foxitreaderupdater.exe to Trusted Files they don’t get recognised as trusted when they get started. That is on Win 8.1 and using CIS 8 beta.

Binaryman, what OS and version of CIS are you using?

I have two different PCs running the following configuration, and both of them experience the same issue with FoxitReader.

OS = Win7-64bit (w/current patches)
Comodo Firewall v7.0.317799.4142

I’m running Window7, with Comodo v.7.0.317799.4142.

My last update from Foxit PDF Reader was an absolute pain to install owing to Comodo.
It seemed like Comodo requested permissions for about 30 times during the install.
Every few seconds I was pressing ‘Allow’, ‘Allow’, ‘Allow’. The ‘remember my answer’
setting made no difference. I’m not going through the process again, so will not
be installing any more updates from Foxit Reader.

Giving the updater the Installer/Updater policy would more than likely have done the trick.

Comodo does not save any of the settings when it comes to v7 of FoxitReader for some reason. I think this was mentioned in a past posting.

Are you talking about the situation with updating the program or about the situation using the program?

I’ve had the same problem and solved it (at least stopped the warnings) by adding Foxit Software Company as a Trusted Vendor.

Foxit Software Company is listed as a Trusted Vendor, but it does no good.

Using the program.

Some versions of foxit have adware foxit - Google Search

The Foxit installer and updates come bundled with adware, PUPs and in some cases malware.[12]

In July of 2014, the Internet Storm Center reported that the mobile version for iPhone was transmitting telemetry data despite users attempting to opt-out of such collection.

OUCH! That’s gotta smart. I bet it leaves a mark.

I went back to adobe cause of that. :cry:

No PUPs or malware from Foxit Reader v7 downloaded from the Foxit website here. Neither CIS nor Malwarebytes detect anything and there are no unknown process using the network either.

Is anyone from Comodo working on this problem???