COMODO Firewall allowing all connections

Hello. I just recently installed COMODO Internet Security, and I’ve encountered a huge problem. Despite the fact that my firewall is set to custom policy, some applications are able to access the internet without my permission. This is a serious concern for me.

Under firewall settings set the alert frequency to very high

here is a desciption of each level:

-Very High: The firewall shows separate alerts for outgoing and incoming connection requests for both TCP and UDP protocols on specific ports and for specific IP addresses, for an application. This setting provides the highest degree of visibility to inbound and outbound connection attempts but leads to a proliferation of firewall alerts. For example, using a browser to connect to your Internet home-page may generate as many as 5 separate alerts for an outgoing TCP connection alone.

-High: The firewall shows separate alerts for outgoing and incoming connection requests for both TCP and UDP protocols on specific ports for an application.

-Medium: The firewall shows alerts for outgoing and incoming connection requests for both TCP and UDP protocols for an application.

-Low: The firewall shows alerts for outgoing and incoming connection requests for an application. This is the setting recommended by Comodo and is suitable for the majority of users.

-Very Low: The firewall shows only one alert for an application.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Also, turn off “Do NOT show popup alerts”

Hello. I have tried both of your suggestions, and there is no difference. I am currently browsing Google Chrome despite there being no rule allowing this.

Could you post a screenshot of your Firewall application rules & Firewall Settings?

Here you go:

Sorry I forgot to also ask for the global rules. >_<

Edit: I could say that from the screenshots you’ve provided it does seem weird, global rules screenshot would be good though.

Here you go:

Please go to Control panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings (it’s in the left menu) > Right-click your adapter and choose “Properties” > See if you have “COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver” installed (see screenshot)

Yes, it’s installed.

also check your CIS install by clicking the ? at the top right → support → diagnostics.

No errors were found.

You don’t happen to be using IPv6?

Only IPv4.

Then I have no idea what is going on. ??? Sorry but I’m out of ideas…

That’s quite already. I do appreciate you trying! :slight_smile:

Try to re-install using those methods:

Good luck!

I previously uninstalled COMODO via the control panel, ran the uninstall tool provided by COMODO, used CCleaner to clean up any left over files, and then manually searched the registry, and hard drive for any other COMODO files.

Strange indeed… Just for curiosity what version of OS are you running and do you have more security programs installed?

I am running Windows 7 x64. The only other security software running is EMET 4.1 - which I briefly uninstalled this morning to see if that was the issue.