Comodo Firewall 5.10 leaks despite BLOCK rule

Hi,

I have these rules (for leak testing purpose) for uTorrent; please see the specific rules and the global rules;
Despite these, utorrent continues to download, see the third screenshot.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Claudiu

[attachment deleted by admin]

Have you enabled IPv6 filtering for the firewall, your torrents run Ipv6

Hi Ronny,

Thank you for your answer!
but shouldn’t my rule block ALL???

The rule says BLOCK , IP protocol ANY.

Hi

I got it how to do it ,but the result is the same Comodo FW still leaks, see:

More about this issue:

if I dissable “IPv6 filtering” and I create a global rule (first) 'Block all" , everything is blocked, inclusive utorrent downloading on IPv6

So i am not sure what 'IPv6 filtering" is doing…

Any ideea why is leaking?

What’s the OS your running and is it real hardware or virtual?

Win 7 Pro 64 real
MSE4
wireless

Thanks,
Claudiu

Can you set the firewall to ‘Block all’ and see if it still leaks?

see my previous post;

“…and I create a global rule (first) 'Block all” , everything is blocked,"

Thanks,
Claudiu

PS: Is there a way you can try to reproduce this issue? If you can, is easy to narrow down the problem either to my PC or to Comodo FW.

So, not only is leaking but there are no active connections while is downloading :-TD :-TD :-TD

The Active Connections screen is, unfortunately, not reliable… :-\ :-[

Can you show a screenshot of the firewall logs of around the time uTorrent is running?

Please make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

Hi EricJH,

My plan was to make ComodoFW one of the layer of defence on my PC; ComodoFW is somehow difficult by itself but if I cannot trust the latest version (5.12) , cannot trust the “Block” rules, cannot trust the “Active Connections screen” well…there is nothing else left to trust.

Thank you for your suport but I am going to revert to my old friend PC Tools Firewall plus.

Thanks,
Claudiu

Sorry to see you go and that you did not make sure there are no left overs of previously installed security programs still around. That’s an important step in troubleshooting.

Hi,

I installed on a clean Win7 image plus MSE4; is not difficult to try to reproduce the issue: just install utorrent, create the rules and try to download something.

Thanks,
Claudiu

I decided to give Utorrent a try as in a previous thread I started I mentioned some programs still update even though I block them. But on this occasion Utorrent is blocked, so I’m not sure why the OP is having this problem. I am using version 5.12 so maybe that makes a difference.

Claudiu. Did you try this and did it make a difference?