Comodo Firewall 4.* issues

I have been using the Comodo Firewall sense version 2 I believe, and as such I have found it to be a solid, though at time somewhat complex product.
My opinion has been scud with version 4, as I found some things to be missing or simply not working right.
I don’t know which, as I don’t know how to program things, I only build and fix computers.
I reverted back to 3.14.* almost instantly as I was running into issues that in my opinion should not be in a final release.
First off, the list of applications with rules never showed everything. Some programs were auto configured from what I could see, but it only listed programs that were manually configured.
I also got in situations where I had no option other then manually adding programs and rules. This is time consuming, and in no way user friendly.
This is an issue for me as I have some programs that were auto-configured use other settings, out of the norm. I either had to manually add a new list, or use defaults.
In addition, on thing I use is the Windows Media Player network sharing. This would not work, no matter what. No pop-ups for making a rule, and I had things set in Comodo so my PC was seen as a server. Nothing was ever listed.
At this point, I removed version 4 and went back, but there is more I can comment on.

The UI had a nice finish, but some parts were confusing. In the main page, there is the display on the right side about the “license”. This It constantly says “Un-activated” and thus causes confusion. For free users, marking it as “Free License” would make a HUGE difference.
Some of the the UI was reacting slower, and likewise the initial start up was slower. The problem being that it’s noticeable slower.
Some of the options were hidden in random arias, and searching would display them.
The install was annoying, as it does not offer an option to uninstall the previous version of Comodo, and as such forces the user to do so.
For now, that’s all I can remember. But I don’t plan on putting 4 back on until there is some re-designing.
Overall, the games with the GUI were nice, as they make it look sleek and more user friendly. Unfortunately, there are issues. One option would be making an option for Simple and Advanced.

By default CIS won’t make rules for safe applications. It can be enabled under Firewall/Defense + → Advanced -->Firewall Behaviour/Defense + Settings.

In addition, on thing I use is the Windows Media Player network sharing. This would not work, no matter what. No pop-ups for making a rule, and I had things set in Comodo so my PC was seen as a server. Nothing was ever listed. At this point, I removed version 4 and went back, but there is more I can comment on.
The default Global Rules changed from being alerted for incoming traffic to a general block like has traditionally been the case with the Proactive Security only. To change that simply run the Stealth Ports Wizard and set to "Alert me to incoming connections - stealth my ports on a per-case basis".
The UI had a nice finish, but some parts were confusing. In the main page, there is the display on the right side about the "license". This It constantly says "Un-activated" and thus causes confusion. For free users, marking it as "Free License" would make a HUGE difference. Some of the the UI was reacting slower, and likewise the initial start up was slower. The problem being that it's noticeable slower. Some of the options were hidden in random arias, and searching would display them. The install was annoying, as it does not offer an option to uninstall the previous version of Comodo, and as such forces the user to do so. For now, that's all I can remember. But I don't plan on putting 4 back on until there is some re-designing. Overall, the games with the GUI were nice, as they make it look sleek and more user friendly. Unfortunately, there are issues. One option would be making an option for Simple and Advanced.
Nothing to add here.

Well, I went and re-installed version 4, and fallowed your information.

Unfortunately, I had the same issues. As such, I believe my original post remains valid.

I agree. What is up with the big Subscription Information thing? It’s just annoying.

Also, it seems to replace the part where you could access Defence+ and switch from Installation mode etc.

Bring that back and get rid of the Subscription rubbish!

Quite simply, adding an option for advanced usage/interface and easy usage/interface would be ideal.
The easy one being what is in place already, and the advanced one being how version 3 works.
During the setup, default the easy option. The advanced option would allow complete flexibility and alerts.